• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bunker Buster Video

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Looks like an A-7.

What an amazingly hi-def video too.
VX-9 had a great video at Hook last year of a bunch of weps testing. They have a bunch of nifty hi-def digital cameras on their range. Speaking of Hook, who's going? I'll be there. :D

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
VX-9 had a great video at Hook last year of a bunch of weps testing. They have a bunch of nifty hi-def digital cameras on their range. Speaking of Hook, who's going? I'll be there. :D

Brett

End of August: Hornet Ball
Very End of August-Begin September: Key West Det
Being September: Hook

Dude, I'm gonna need a liver transplant.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
It looks like the right shape, from what little I've seen in drawings. Not dure about the "fins" or whatever they are sticking out of it. It's not Paveway, for sure. J-series? Awsome clarity on the video, though.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Harrier Dude said:
It looks like the right shape, from what little I've seen in drawings. Not dure about the "fins" or whatever they are sticking out of it. It's not Paveway, for sure. J-series? Awsome clarity on the video, though.

JSOW have penetration ability? I think that has wings.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I don't drop JSOW, but I thought it was a cluster munition. I does look a little like the wings of a JSOW, but since I don't use them, I'm not too spun up on them. Pretty SH angle of impact, too.

nugget81

pilot
I'm pretty sure that it's a F-8, not an A-7. The curve of the vertical stabilizer just above the tailpipe gives it away. [/aircraft rec nerd stuff]

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nugget81 said:
I'm pretty sure that it's a F-8, not an A-7. The curve of the vertical stabilizer just above the tailpipe gives it away. [/aircraft rec nerd stuff]

Cockpit looks too close to the tail though, that's what I was going off.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
SWEEEEEEEEET! I can't wait to see the Vol 2 data on that. Those "wings" look pretty small to fly 40 NM. I wonder what altitude that's from.

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
Guarantee it's an A-7. Fuselage is fatter than F-8 and if you look at the wing you'll see that's it not set up to pop up like the mighty Crusader wing (can you say variable angle of incidence...or ramp strike?)