• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bunker Buster Video

NavyLonghorn

D@mn right, I got to check my 6 every morning to stay away from those LT's and their 'voluntelling' guns.

Its all about the A-pool slouch. Sitting low enough in the chair to not be seen. Its a science and a skill, and takes practice and repetition.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This was staged for (I believe) Bob Lawson several decades ago when he was shooting for Hook magazine.

So... I want to know. How much did Bob have to pay that low-life F-4 crew to so lower themselves, sell themselves out, and still embarass the true brotherhood even decades later by being photographed as staged, A-4 bait? :D

And does A4's know Bob? I smell conspiracy.

(PS: For those not familiar with Bob Lawson's extraordinary bio and wonderful, prolific work, you should be. Here is a start:

http://www.codeonemagazine.com/archives/2000/articles/jan_00/lawson/index.html

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
*Sigh* There's a lot of hate and discontent on this forum.

For all Juniors herein: see what I've been cautioning you about ??? A mind ... is a terrible thing to lose. Or is it loose ???
:)

Ah, the formidable attack-pewk-lite has just fired a salvo – in "ripple", "cluster", or "interval" or whatever it was called waaaaaaay back then in that 'SLUF' community.

To bad those shots went "wide" – or "stupid" if they were supposed to be guided. Or maybe they just had, "bad fusing." :sleep_125 Ho hum.

However, even though A4's was piloting a lesser machine, I still have to respect the wily old salt. ;) Therefore, I will wait until he is "Winchester." (But not knowing his actual load-out – he's like a "Sandy" - long loiter and a plethora of varied, effective, and surprising ordnance.) Not a time to be too hasty.:icon_down

Meanwhile, I'll just stay high, fast, and circle, (tanker's on station if needed) waiting for the better opportunity…even though I do have the better man-machine-ordnance-experience-and-training. So why would I want to waste any extra effort now? :D

Q: What's the difference between God and fighter pilots?
A: God doesn't think he's a figthter ……. Wait! Stop! No, change that tired old joke to this: It's because he really would like to be a fighter pilot.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My dad knows the guy who was flying the A-4.

I vaguely remember the photo, but I never knew who the pilots involved were. But given a name, I would probably recognize it, even if I didn't happen to personally know the pilot.

It was – and remains – a small, proud, and vastly talented community. Within each of our respective communities, there were no strangers. Given a name, I'm sure A4's would know the pilot, and perhaps I would too. Moreover, if your father was a pilot of the time, we may both have likely met him, in the air or on ground. (And no, I am not asking for any real names.)

Truthfully, I do not even know who A4's is. . . personally. That's fine. I know he's the real deal. I also know we are of the same vintage. I am sure – no, I know - we must have many mutual experiences and mutual friends...and mutual respect.

Not knowing who A4's is, I would nevertheless bet a bundle we both sat at the same Klondike table at the old Cubi O'Club. (and he would have "squared-up" just as I would . . . although I probably took most of his money:icon_tong ) I would also suspect the old F-4 and A-4 pilots in the Lawson photograph – and perhaps your dad – may have also joined us at the same table.

Those were some serious and unique times for those of our profession. But I really enjoyed them… especially the A-4 DACM.:D

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You sure they are the same test? Looks the same... but this test shows the weapon going off above the port wing, while the other test shows the weapon going off under the starboard wing.
Interesting......
Front:
front6ki.png

Rear:
rear6ux.jpg

Keen eyes, vettemuscle.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's entirely possible (probable) that multiple tests were conducted w/ multiple aircraft/shelter combinations.

Brett

Or someone flipped the images as well. Happens a lot (more in advertising though). Probably not what happened here, but who knows.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's entirely possible (probable) that multiple tests were conducted w/ multiple aircraft/shelter combinations.

Brett
You betcha. There are always multiple tests, and multiple pictures. Agreed.

But Tex_Hill earlier claimed:
"But It's an A-7. This video: GBU-39 impacts shows the same test but from the front."

Same test?

Well, it ain't the same test. Nor is it flip-flopped. And while the second (front) video looks totally authentic, the first aft quarter one still looks suspicious/enhanced/...to me.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I may split this thread ... 2nd thread to be "something" about ACM/Adversary .... i.e., good flyin', good stories ... in the meantime --- read this (and others) for a good ACM-Adversary "sea story" from Youthly Puresome & Co.: