• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bye Bye Buckeye

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Yup, that's right, with the Prowler selection ultimately not existing, obviously, although I'm not clear on the time frame for that.

Thanks for the update. It seems like stuff has changed so much in the past 8 months.

gotta_fly

pilot
Is anyone planning to go to the T-2 Sunset Party at the Mustin Beach O-Club? It looks like a good time.

Interesting photograph attached to the end of that page:
McCain%282%29.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Is anyone planning to go to the T-2 Sunset Party at the Mustin Beach O-Club? It looks like a good time....
If ANYONE does go to the party .... a request:

See if there are any photos available of the former VT-4 gun birds (T-2's w/ 2x .50cal pods) or even better -- the gun pattern itself out over the Gulf, complete w/ 4-plane and/or TRACTOR & BANNER. When I was there -- we were too busy just surviving the GUN PATTERN to think about taking pictures .... and the STUD NFO's in the back seat were hangin' on for dear life ... :D

You KNOW it's gotta be out there somewhere -- I just can't seem to find any pictures of said event ... post 'em on this board or PM 'em to me and I'll be eternally grateful.

One for their book:

Initial jet solo @ VT-7 featuring a very "nervous" yours truly photographed by the chase plane ... :D

dsc02003kl1.jpg

photo by A4sForever

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Looks like you stomped on the right brake while taxiing......in front of your IP:D
Boy ... you guys really go over this shit w/ a microscope, yea-as .... ??? :)

But, Naaaaaaa .... just my VT-7 STUD version of a VT-7 STUD shit-hot "I'm ready for anything, Sir" turn into the hold-short area prior to launch ... I don't think the T-2A had nosewheel steering, but I don't really remember .... :D:sleep_125

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Boy ... you guys really go over this shit w/ a microscope, yea-as .... ??? :)

But, Naaaaaaa .... just my VT-7 STUD version of a VT-7 STUD shit-hot "I'm ready for anything, Sir" turn into the hold-short area prior to launch ... I don't think the T-2A had nosewheel steering, but I don't really remember .... :D:sleep_125

None of the T-2s had NWS as far as I know. It's hard to see the exhaust in your picture. I was wondering if it was an A. Now I know.

My first solo in the T-2 was probably the most relaxing solo I've ever had. I was really nervous in the T-34, TA-4, and Harrier my first time by myself, but for some reason the T-2 just seemed easier and more comfortable to fly.

Then again, maybe it was just "ignorance is bliss".:eek:

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
None of the T-2s had NWS as far as I know. It's hard to see the exhaust in your picture. I was wondering if it was an A. Now I know.

My first solo in the T-2 was probably the most relaxing solo I've ever had. I was really nervous in the T-34, TA-4, and Harrier my first time by myself, but for some reason the T-2 just seemed easier and more comfortable to fly.

Same feeling... Though, I was never solo in the S-3, felt like it most of the time.. Flying midshipman and mechs were a godsend cause except the IFF (could reach everything else- yes I am short [5'8"]), I was solo again!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
See if there are any photos available of the former VT-4 gun birds (T-2's w/ 2x .50cal pods) or even better -- the gun pattern itself out over the Gulf, complete w/ 4-plane and/or TRACTOR & BANNER. When I was there -- we were too busy just surviving the GUN PATTERN to think about taking pictures .... and the STUD NFO's in the back seat were hangin' on for dear life ...

A4's,
I'll look around our spaces for pics with gun pods. Also, we're having new t-shirts made with the warbuck and machine gun pods logo hopefully in time for tailhook. If you want one, let me know.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None

It was the "extra" engine.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4's,
I'll look around our spaces for pics with gun pods. Also, we're having new t-shirts made with the warbuck and machine gun pods logo hopefully in time for tailhook. If you want one, let me know.

Roger that -- you betcha' I would on both counts -- PM me if successful. Thanks. :)

brownshoe

Contributor
I saw these things operate when we qual’d aboard the Lex in the 60’s. Right along with the T-28's. :) Man… I’m getting old. The pilots of the T-28’s had the canopies open flight suits a flappin’ in the breeze. Ahhh… those were the days. But seriously, it’s hard for me to believe the “Guppy” has been around this long. It obviously was a great little airplane.

Steve

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I've got a few T-2C pics when flying with VT-4...more like 4 or 5 lousy ones.

VT-4/86 Flight line:

T2pic1.jpg

Cockpit view:

T2pic2.jpg

I was rolling or something in this pic (of course I had the CO's permission ;)):

T2pic3.jpg