• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Career Decisions...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Three things you can do to reduce the amount of time you spend at work and still perform:

1. Get NMCI at home
This is huge, saves a lot of time and keeps you connected.

2. Live close to base
I’ve been lucky enough to live within five minutes of the squadron my last two duty stations

3. Have a cell phone and use it.
I can’t believe how many people worry about someone calling them at home or avoid giving out their number.

Bottom line is most senior leaders really don’t care where you are or what your doing as long as you are getting the job done.

Funny who just happens to show up when we're talking about complaining. Ears burning, are they? ;) All we need now are the two clowns from HSC.

Brett

MasterBates

Three things you can do to reduce the amount of time you spend at work and still perform:

1. Get NMCI at home
This is huge, saves a lot of time and keeps you connected.

2. Live close to base
I’ve been lucky enough to live within five minutes of the squadron my last two duty stations

3. Have a cell phone and use it.
I can’t believe how many people worry about someone calling them at home or avoid giving out their number.

Bottom line is most senior leaders really don’t care where you are or what your doing as long as you are getting the job done.

As a counterpoint,

1 is OK, but when a certain department head gets pissy for you not getting emails when on leave, it was a kick. It's great for at least having a clue what you are walking into when you arrive.

2- Is normally a plus, if you can swing it. At Mayport, it is hard to live within 15 minutes, not be in the ghetto, and pay for it unless you are DINK or have roomates. That being said, I lived about 35-45 minutes away (25 miles, up by Jax INTL airport) and the ride was good to decompress on the way home.

3- Cell phone leadership has its positives, but unfortunatly we are raising a generation of leaders (not just in the military) that is afraid/unable to do squat without calling thier boss. By not ever having to make decisions (be it small ones) at the lower level, and be responsible for that decsions, how do you expect them to make the big decisions later on. I had a DH who really abused his underlings cell phones as an electronic leash. As in calling you at 10 pm on a friday night, wanting to know where the TPS reports were filed, and to talk him thru doing it, because the copy he had was updated at noon, and he wanted the latest info.

Just me being the contrarian, as usual ;)

S.O.B.

pilot
Funny who just happens to show up when we're talking about complaining. Ears burning, are they? ;) All we need now are the two clowns from HSC.

Brett

Good to here from Skipper. I have some catching up to do. I see your doing a super JO tour? Grooming you for the top spot? I figured you for more of a loop type.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good to here from Skipper. I have some catching up to do. I see your doing a super JO tour? Grooming you for the top spot? I figured you for more of a loop type.

Indeed, I've missed your contrarian counterpoint around here lately. :D As for me, I just go where I'm told.

Brett