• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cat Shot Compilation

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Wow, it sounded like the pilot and the end of the clip was having an orgasm...
I knew that the cat shot was fun but I didn't know it was THAT fun...:eek:

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Day cat shots rock but night cat shots, not so much IMO. That was weak on that girls part btw.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Day cat shots rock but night cat shots, not so much IMO. That was weak on that girls part btw.

The first one is always a fun event, but training command cat shots are pretty tame. Wait until she has a full load of high drag crap hanging under her jet; this women may go into multiple orgasms, or it may flatten her to an A cup.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

No kidding. It's cool & violent, but it certainly doesn't warrant that kind of reaction. Wonder if she was hamming it up for the camera.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Day cat shots rock but night cat shots, not so much.....

Roger that: Day shots are GREAT ... do a hard clearing turn off the bow ... BE SOMEBODY :eek: !!!

Night cats .... "not so much" .... and that's an understatement. Live or die ... you're just along for the ride.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I obviously don't have as many night cats as the E2 and tac guys but I've gt around 100 or so and going off the bow cats, at night, on the Connie was probably the scariest I've had. CAT 4 was just an instataneous kick in the ass into blackness. The nuke carriers have more of progressive feel to them.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
slight course correction .....

One thing that still cracks me up is the reaction you get when you're sitting on the flight deck at night, brakes set, waiting your turn to come ahead ..... and somebody taxi's past you ....

WHAM !!!! The brakes go on big time as you jam them back on ... even though they're already set .... in an involuntary reaction to the sensation that you're rolling backwards ... :eek:

course correction ... out

Rasczak

Marine

One thing that still cracks me up is the reaction you get when you're sitting on the flight deck at night, brakes set, waiting your turn to come ahead ..... and somebody taxi's past you ....

WHAM !!!! The brakes go on big time as you jam them back on ... even though they're already set .... in an involuntary reaction to the sensation that you're rolling backwards ... :eek:

That sounds like something worth experiencing.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The nuke carriers have more of progressive feel to them.

Hmmm...no kidding. Doesn't seem that the source of the steam would have anything to do with it. Don't get me wrong, not doubting your experience since I have none...just trying to make sense of it all.

Any idea why?

Chubby

Didn't a Hornet driver punch out of a jet due to that or is it just an ole wives tale?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
FYI...The chick at the end of the video was getting her first Tomcat shot.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
FYI...The chick at the end of the video was getting her first Tomcat shot.
And ... that's one of the reasons why I still maintain: "keep the women out of the men's units".

I don't care WHAT "they" do on their own time ... :)

No apologies; there's just no question in my mind on the subject.

None of my shipmates would have "survived" an incident such as this ... why give a "pass" to a woman??? She's ridiculous.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Hmmm...no kidding. Doesn't seem that the source of the steam would have anything to do with it. Don't get me wrong, not doubting your experience since I have none...just trying to make sense of it all.

Any idea why?
Think of a catapult as a double barrel shotgun (side by side). When the launch button is depressed, the launch valves (two of them, one for each cylinder in the cat), begin a 90 deg rotation (hydraulically actuated) which progressively allows steam pressure (450 or 520 psi) to fill the cylinders. Based on the weight of the A/C (called the capacity selector valve or CSV setting), the hydraulic pressure will either open the launch valves faster or slower. Heavy F-14's get the highest CSV setting (or they did during their last cruise on TR). So, steam pressure remains constant, but the rate at which steam enters the cylinders is controlled by the shooter. We base the CSV setting on the A/C gross weight, density altitude, and end-speed requirement (type A/C). You know, I miss shooting !!!
:icon_carn