• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

China threatens 'nuclear option' of dollar sales

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
.... Published under NIST by-line.

Guess I suffer from synaps lapsis. The study I refer to was published by OTA not NIST. The title is ”Technology Transfer to China”. OTA Document #OTA-ISC-340.

The signed protocols that we came back with after the first JCCT were:

1. Protocol on Scientific and Technical Cooperation in the study of Surface Water Hydrology (Annexes 5 and 6)

2. Cooperation in the Fields of Nuclear Physics and Controlled Magnetic Fusion Research.

3. Protocol on Cooperation in Science and Technology and Transportation.

4. Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation the Basic biomedical Sciences.

5. Landsat Ground Station Memorandum of Understanding. (Agreement in principal, not codified until about 1987.

6. Implementing Accord on Cooperation in the Field of High Energy Physics.

7. Protocol on Cooperation in Aeronautical Science and Technology.

All were signed on May 11, 1983. Many others were written, some discarded, some later signed, implemented.

Most consider this a water shed event in bi-lateral trade, it occurred under Pres. Reagan, not Clinton.

I say with some confidence that not one of us could have even imagined, in our wildest dreams, where we stand today vs.a.vs trade in the Chinese market. I think most of us saw 1.3 billion Chinese customers for US products.:eek: