• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese build secret nuclear submarine base

bluesig1

sure thing
None
I agree with Flash, its not very secret when we know about it. Sounds like it time for 007 to go take a look around there.

mgreen121774

underwater stealth technology that seems to surpass ours?? Really?

Well, I use that phrase simply because we SAY we couldn't hear them, which as Dixie Texian says may be a ploy we are using to our advantage. Sorry to get everyone riled up...... just trying to contribute to the discussion :)

Still, I can't wait to get into intel and participate. Maybe I can make a difference. :)

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I agree with Flash, its not very secret when we know about it. Sounds like it time for 007 to go take a look around there.
I'm not sure that's safe - him poking around in secret underground caverns housing ballistic missile subs.

I guess as long as he stays away from the big stainless steel table with the large laser beam mounted overhead, he might be OK.

Circle K

pilot
I say let them put all their submarines in the same place, just because it has access to deep water. I'd be willing to bet we wouldn't even have to use someone with as much on top time as Mumbles to figure out when they are coming and going...

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
my actual "on top" hours are paltry compared to the last generation of P-3 guys. My last OPsO was a prior AW and got his initial Jez qual flying out of JAX in 1986 flying on actual Yankees and Victors around Bermuda... right along Red Route 1.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
^ My scoreboard includes
Yankee I & II
Delta I, III, & IV
Victor II & III (simulateous contact on 3 once)
Akula
Mod Echo II
Charlie I & II
Kilo
Romeo
Whiskey
Oscar II

Also:
Oberon
Daphne
Rubis
Agosta
Barbel
Sturgeon
LA
Ben Franklin
Ohio
Type 209
Kobben - Type 207
Yushio

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
^ My scoreboard includes
Yankee I & II
Delta I, III, & IV
Victor II & III (simulateous contact on 3 once)
Akula
Mod Echo II
Charlie I & II
Kilo
Romeo
Whiskey
Oscar II

Also:
Oberon
Daphne
Rubis
Agosta
Barbel
Sturgeon
LA
Ben Franklin
Ohio
Type 209
Kobben - Type 207
Yushio

Nice list HAL...Trap guy, too I take it?
My best was "5" bad guys at once. But that was w/ the Norwegians...allegedly.

MIDNAdmiral

Sounds like the Chinese are going to make the Pacific more interesting. When was the last time there were hostile carriers in the Pacific...WWII? They may be building a bunch of carriers, but the question is how proficient will they be at operating them? Big learning curve to overcome...think the Russians demonstrated that.

I'm not too worried about this stuff. The US has a lot of goodies that we can't even imagine, especially in the intelligence community. While the Chinese are a possible threat and do have some good stuff, I have full confidence in our side of the equation.

I'm sure we do have good stuff, and I hope it remains that way. It seems like every couple months you read about another Chinese spy that we catch, only after they have been giving them secrets for years. To bad we can't treat these spies like I'm sure the Chinese treat any spies they find (death by firing squad is all I'm advocated...sends a clear message).