• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese Navy buildup

fudog50

Hi Flash,
Great points about thier ASW capabilities. Please don't try to think I was saying we suck compared to them, they are not even close, I would never insinuate that. I only stated we suck now compared to our capabilities during the cold war. I was in the squadrons in the mid eighties-late 90's and saw the huge drop-off. Remember we used to fly 1200-1400 hours a month compared to low #'s they now fly. And I was in Misawa and Kadena both and have seen 22-27 P-3's on both lines. We got the first grams on the Akula in my squadron back in 87, and we had VP-19 and 47 there, then 50 and 91 came over from Adak, along with jerry's kids and the batmen. "Suck" being a relative term, we are still pretty good.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
fudog_50 said:
Hi Flash,
Great points about thier ASW capabilities. Please don't try to think I was saying we suck compared to them, they are not even close, I would never insinuate that. I only stated we suck now compared to our capabilities during the cold war. I was in the squadrons in the mid eighties-late 90's and saw the huge drop-off. Remember we used to fly 1200-1400 hours a month compared to low #'s they now fly. And I was in Misawa and Kadena both and have seen 22-27 P-3's on both lines. We got the first grams on the Akula in my squadron back in 87, and we had VP-19 and 47 there, then 50 and 91 came over from Adak, along with jerry's kids and the batmen. "Suck" being a relative term, we are still pretty good.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. We don't suck but we have let our skills atrophy. Now jsut hope they don't cancel MMA and decide to 'refurbish' P-3's for another 30 years of use......:eek: