• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Close to wings but thinking about switching communities

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMoreMrNiceGuy

None
#3 is just too exciting for many.

Navy Exchange MINI MART as #3 AND #7... and yet no mention at all of watching fights break out at the Tachi.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wondering if you made the right choice is a normal thing, and if you stay in the Navy, you’d probably have those thoughts at some point in your career after any number of decision points. At this point, dominate what’s in your control, try to look at the positives at what you’re going into, and if in your JO tour you’re not happy, then is the right time to start the platform switch walk.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'll tell you that 15 years ago, I had my own similar doubts as I started advanced/strike phase. I wasn't god's gift to the T-45, and I certainly wasn't one as a Hornet cone. I think it started to come together for me towards the end of the RAG in fighter weps and CQ. I probably had similar doubts starting out in my JO tour as well. But we had an awesome JOPA, first deployment was a blast, and I'd say I never looked back after that. Got to do most of the cool stuff you can do in VFA, and I've been fortunate enough to get to keep flying gray jets the entire time, now in the reserves. Point being, the struggle is real, and it will get better. You won't look back in 15 or 20 years and say "damn, I wish I would have quit". There's a skills improving over time component to that, and there is a people component to it as well. I wouldn't take back any of it. Good luck with your decision, but I would highly recommend sticking with it, even if it doesn't fill you with joy at the moment. Being new and inexperienced sometimes sucks. But you won't always be that way.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
The Waffle House EOC is the gold standard. It's a shame that CA doesn't have access to this resource.

When a Waffle House store closes, it's time to seek shelter.😆

Yeppers…no WH locations in Californication…

IMG_5404.jpeg

…and just to confirm…

IMG_5401.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.