• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CMV-22B Osprey Rollout

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
It is a French word, no? In which case (IMHO) it would be "nuh-SELLS"

You'd have to spell it (in French) nécelles to get "NAY-sells"
We have a long history of ruining anglicizing French words. Don't stop us now.

And to add pedantry to the mix, it would be na-SELL in French, right, because they're too busy contemplating Sartre to pronounce that last consonant.

TyKing

pilot
Hey guys, I’m an SNA about to select soon. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has any insight into the CMV-22B COD community.

What’s the culture like? Did a lot of the C-2 guys transition over?

Is the community pretty much the same lifestyle as the previous COD, the C-2?

What’s life look like as a JO in the squadron?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
^That IS interesting. Do they just drop stuff out the back, sling loads like VERTREP, or can they actually touch down? Seems... tight, especially if there are big swells.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^That IS interesting. Do they just drop stuff out the back, sling loads like VERTREP, or can they actually touch down? Seems... tight, especially if there are big swells.
Gear isn‘t down…probably fast rope.

Best-22

None
Below is an article with more information, It was actually an Air Force CV-22 from the squadron in England. I think the idea was to show our adversaries that we can fly SEAL's out from England and insert them direct to a submarine all the way in the Med with one flight. I know the guys who flew it if anyone has any questions. The whole point was to put this capability into the public eye so I should be able to answer most without worrying about OPSEC.

more pics: