• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coolest Self-Portrait

FLY_USMC

pilot
I'm not scared to say I liked Iron Eagle......for christ's sake I was only like 6 or 7 when it came out? I do remember one of my buddies seeing the 2nd one when I was in the 4th grade, and when a 4th grader tells you something sucks, it must REALLY suck:)

As for the "Eye on LA" video, yeah, the host was a toolbag, but to this day I think it was still a pretty cool show. I could easily convert it to DVD, and then convert it to an mpeg........but the quality would be far from stellar I'd imagine.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not scared to say I liked Iron Eagle......for christ's sake I was only like 6 or 7 when it came out?

OK then, you're excused, but as you get into the real deal, you'll realize how hokey that movie is in almost every scene.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I get winged in like a month, and I will be honest, and say the wife got Net Flix about 3 months ago, and Iron Eagle was put into the que:(

<---Me and Doug Masters go WAY back!

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
You mean you guys don't listen to Queen when your flying? I'm, shocked. :eek: :eek: :D

I was all of 12 or 13 when Iron Eagle came out & could have cared less how realistic/cheesy it was. At that age you could have put air to air combat footage into the movie Beaches and I would have watched it. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You mean you guys don't listen to Queen when your flying? I'm, shocked. :eek: :eek: :D ...

Of course not ... silly Army ... "we" listened to CCR and "Fortunate Son" ... :)

ccrtg2.jpg

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are exactly correct about that being Chunx in the last pic. Here's his most recent "self portrait" from his curent IA stint in the desert:

He was in 211 or 24 IIRC, when I was down the hall in 114.

Also said IAXXXX on the mask...a big giveaway, as I know he's going to be the next Ted Carlson. He does shoot some good pics.

Cheers,
G

Lawman

None
Of course not ... silly Army ... "we" listened to CCR and "Fortunate Son" ... :)

ccrtg2.jpg

I cannot hear a CCR song and not think of a bunch of Grunts riding over thick jungle in a Huey with the Doors open. There are two kinds of Vietnam movies, those with CCR songs in them and those that didnt get green lit and never got filmed.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Note: I deleted the last two posts ... let's not put up pix of fellows without THEIR approval ... make sense???

No harm, no foul ...

phrogpilot73

Finally getting off my ass...

Here's my favorite photo - from the world's best rotary wing aircraft on the embassy pad in Monrovia, Liberia.

Attachments

• pic014.jpg
    pic014.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 669