• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Court-Martial or Less than Honorable Discharge

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
"They were going to have me negotiate money transactions with Iraqi warlords. A woman of Jewish and East Asian descent to try to talk to men about money in a country where women aren't always allowed to handle money," Weiner says.

Bullshit. Look, she got out and was interested in doing the part-time reservist thing as long as it matched up to her desires. When it became inconvenient, then she drops that brilliant thought quoted above.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The article said she was 27 but had been in for seven years. That means she graduated early from Stanford. Wonder if this is the case of a wunderkind who'd got everything she ever wanted until now, and then threw a fit. Still, if she really viscerally believes IAs are wrong . . .

First, did she have her head in the sand for oh, about the last 4 years or so? Or did she just think she was immune for some strange reason?

Second, she's chickenshit for not taking it to court-martial if she truly believes IAs are somehow wrong or unethical.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Hell, I'd love that f'ing IA. SIGN ME UP!

This just pisses me off. Here I am, willing to do whatever it takes to win this damn war, even if it means playing Army for a year, and I can't get an IA. This chick just decides she doesn't want to go because she thinks it isn't fair?!

I have more respect for that Watada guy (which is a negative number, just for the record), at least he had real conviction, even if I think his cause sucked.

We all take an oath, to do what we're f'ing told. I hate my current job, but I show up every day and I put the effort in because I'm told to and I took that oath. I knew going into this that I may not always get to do what I want to do, that's the nature of the beast. The Navy asks of you 1 year in a bad place doing what might be a dangerous and/or crappy job. Sure, it isn't what you signed up for, but what about the poor solider who is on his fourth tour in Iraq? He sure as hell didn't sign up for that any more than you did.

If we all pitch in maybe we can make this damn thing end sooner and we can bring a few more buddies home. One team, one fight.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Hell, I'd love that f'ing IA. SIGN ME UP!

This just pisses me off. Here I am, willing to do whatever it takes to win this damn war, even if it means playing Army for a year, and I can't get an IA.
What would you say to 508 days in Djibouti? I know people that could make it happen :D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oddly, they are awfully quiet . . . so far.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
What would you say to 508 days in Djibouti? I know people that could make it happen :D

I hear the DFAC is really good there.

Seriously, I did ask for an IA (more than once) in lieu of the Office Space hell I currently live in. Someone said I was "essential" - which is total BS, since I suck at powerpoint, but I think they wanted me to feel better.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Those who refuse because they're morally opposed to the war I disagree with, but at least have a comprehension of the moral code they think they're observing.

This lady needs a buttstroke to the head. There's no moral rationale for not taking an IA. She just didn't want to do the job.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know a few people that have been getting out or retiring for the fear of an IA. WTF?

While I was volun-told to do my IA, I do not regret it. It was a good experience but I don't want to do it again anytime real soon. Been there, done that!

My comments for her: BOO-HOO....SEE YA! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

-ea6bflyr ;)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I know a few people that have been getting our or retiring for the fear of an IA. WTF?

While I was volun-told to do my IA, I do not regret it. It was a good experience but I don't want to do it again anytime real soon. Been there, done that!

My comments for her: BOO-HOO....SEE YA! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

-ea6bflyr ;)

I may be a nobody-butter bar, but at the same time, I agree....it seemed a great situation for her until she actually had to DO something..

To echo your post...."Don't let the door hit you, where the good lord split you..."

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I hear the DFAC is really good there.

Seriously, I did ask for an IA (more than once) in lieu of the Office Space hell I currently live in. Someone said I was "essential" - which is total BS, since I suck at powerpoint, but I think they wanted me to feel better.

On the DFAC note. I've noticed and heard that the DFACs are amazing at the crappiest bases and hardest schools.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think she completely sucks for what she did, but I wonder what this whole thing is going to do for IAs in general. They've been out there for general knowledge for some time now, but I truly wonder how much the public about them. Do you think the DoD would like it, even today, if there was a front page article in the NYT about how Navy people are being sent to fill Army billets, many of which they are not qualified to do? While this was a sucky way for the issue to be brought to light, and if I were in the LT's shoes I think I just would have sucked it up and took the job, I wonder if her actions will highlight the whole IA problem for the general public?