• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Court-Martial or Less than Honorable Discharge

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is absolutely true, and is also a reason why I predict the mid- to long-term viability of the Navy Reserve construct is in jeopardy........

Excellent observations, I have been pondering the same things now that I am in the reserves. Even in the hi-priority unit that I am in we have had 4 involuntary mobilizations in the past year. The fact that 3 of the 4 were notified less than 30 days before they were supposed to leave did not help things.

Rg9

pilot
Oh, come on. Why is everyone being so hard on her for her fitrep? She was obviously well qualified, being as that she "rose to the rank of lieutenant" ;).

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
The article said she was 27 but had been in for seven years. That means she graduated early from Stanford. Wonder if this is the case of a wunderkind who'd got everything she ever wanted until now, and then threw a fit.

Not that it matters, but I think she graduated early from high-school v. college.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Shit, I hope in four years they'll find better things to say about me than that I was a national merit scholar.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Shit, I hope in four years they'll find better things to say about me than that I was a national merit scholar.
Have no fear bruddah - they will say you are a Marine (sorry, couldn't help myself, yut yut!)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not that it matters, but I think she graduated early from high-school v. college.
Caught that as well . . . just thought what we had was a "golden girl" who suddenly didn't get what she thought she most clearly deserved . . . :icon_rage

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Before I go any further I would like to say that what she did was wrong and she should have known what she was getting into before she took her commission.

I would like to hear from anyone who has experience on the matter of IA roles filled by our military women. Granted she probably exagerated the problem, but does the military/ give certain considerations to having or not having women in business/commerce roles in countries were there could be obvious religious implications? IMO if we are providing the aide they should take what they can get without question and should deal with the fact that our women are equal participants.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I grew up orthodox Jewish.... does that mean I can opt out of flying missions over Iraq/Afghanistan? Sweet!

Seriously.... since when do LTs get to decide what orders they follow and don't follow?? Isn't that sort of contrary to the good order and discipline of the military? Something about being an officer and setting an example....

East

东部
Contributor
....... IMO if we are providing the aide they should take what they can get without question and should deal with the fact that our women are equal participants.

The issue is...it's their religion. They tolerate women to be equal participants, but not accept them in such positions. That's a huge difference.

Attachments

• star wars.jpg
    star wars.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 26

OldNavy

All IAs receive Army-specific training before they go. It's not like they're just yanking you off a ship and throwing you in the middle of a convoy in Iraq.

My son did 6 weeks at Fort Bragg prior to leaving for Afghanistan. He was on Instructor Duty in Hawaii (He's a spook) when he and 3 of his shimates were asked to consider going over. One guy was retiring in 6 months, one guys wife was due in 8 weeks and the third guy has some kind of medical problems. My son said "hell they should have just called me in the office and said 'Dido, you're going'

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was in VF-124 we had a 1310 stud in my group of which I was the class leader get hooked up with a very hasidic synagogue in La Jolla. Everthing was okay until we were doing CQ and he wouldn't fly on the Sabbath (is that sat or sun?).

That went over like a lead balloon...especially since he didn't mention any of it until the flight schedule came out.

He got discharged. Don't know the conditions of his discharge as most of us avoided him when it blew up in his face.

Fly on Sunday???...(and I was Roman Catholic)...You betcha!!!!

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Gee. As someone who got pinged for an IA after the primary decided she didn't want to go (and hearing from the guy I was relieving that the billet was pointless) this just makes me go, "hmmmmmmmmm.....".

Point of Order - (most of) this discussion REALLY ought to be limited to those that are at least currently in the pool of potential IAs (e.g. training command = not you; not commissioned = REEEEEEEALLLLLLY not you).