• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Treetop Flyer

pilot

taxi1

pilot
There’s no reason to wear a mask “at all times” outside of the home. Are you one of the people I see walking their dog alone with a mask on or driving alone with a mask?
If you read the article I linked to...

Even though it’s narrowing, there’s still a big partisan divide: 95% of Democrats say they wear a mask some or all of the time outside the house, compared with 74% of Republicans.

If you lived where I do, you could walk into the local Sheetz and based on the county, you'd see a pretty big spread on mask wearing. Or last weekend in our college bars.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Even though it’s narrowing, there’s still a big partisan divide: 95% of Democrats say they wear a mask some or all of the time outside the house, compared with 74% of Republicans.

If you lived where I do, you could walk into the local Sheetz and based on the county, you'd see a pretty big spread on mask wearing. Or last weekend in our college bars.
Depending on the county there may not be a reason to wear a mask. For that matter even indoors a mask was just supposed to be if you couldn’t stay away from other people.

SlickAg

pilot
Thanks to the absolute failure of leadership by the current administration probably a 100,000 US citizens are going to unnecessarily die while its supporters argue about T-Cell immunity. While they say the dead were going to die soon anyway so they don't matter.

Sorry for the potentially good news about T-Cells. I know we should be focusing on other things but figured I’d share.

SlickAg

pilot

Maybe your governor is to blame. You've already sounded off on some issues in your state earlier; sounds like he could use a few primers in leadership. Have you considered reaching out to him?

Here in Texas, it is mandatory for people to wear a mask in the grocery store. That order is state-wide. I have not seen a mask-less person at my grocery store since the order became mandatory. And Dan Crenshaw is my Congressman, if you need some idea of how "Republican" it is where I live.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Here in Texas, it is mandatory for people to wear a mask in the grocery store. That order is state-wide. I have not seen a mask-less person at my grocery store since the order became mandatory.
Florida not so much. Florida is a bit like Texas if you take that "rugged individualism" but you subtract most of the good manners, common sense, literacy, and you get what you get... (not that those traits and values are universal in the Lone Star State, but compared to FL, just sayin').

The governors and big city mayors haven't helped their cases with the mask thing. Again, I'm fine wearing the mask at the store simply because the store put a sign on the door- and I'm good with Sneezy McSneezeface wearing one when both of us are standing in the produce section and bagging vegetables. But some of the official messaging we've had across the country were doom and gloom if you didn't wear your mask to the park and you might get arrested and fined (no wait, let's backpedal on that one!!). The Chicago Mayor said something like "now isn't the time to go on a 5k run, and that's not to pick on Chicago or make it a left/right thing- all of them have said some really dumb stuff.

Back to Florida (but not just Florida), the masses haven't made the government's job any easier. Back at the beginning of April while we were still making jokes about toilet paper shortages, the FL governor came out with a "not an order" list of suggestions for shutting down the state. It was a few pages of double spaced type and it wasn't anything that wasn't already getting done, it was just putting it all in one place and clarifying things, including what was still "allowed" and some positive suggestions. Remember what happened within the hour of him getting on TV? All of the WalMarts got bumrushed by crowds of idiots, like if they'd taken five minutes to read what the man was saying then they would have realized that zero things were actually changing (again, literacy).

Anyhoo...

taxi1

pilot
Here in Texas
Texas? Covid central?

You guys wearing masks now is like putting on a condom after sex.

On a moderately serious note, it took 14 days for one of our employee's tests to come back. Hard to make timely decisions. Worried we'll get overrun when it finally hits us hard (students).

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Texas? Covid central?

On a moderately serious note, it took 14 days for one of our employee's tests to come back. Hard to make timely decisions. Worried we'll get overrun when it finally hits us hard (students).
Pennsylvania’s COVID deaths per million is 4.5 times higher than in Texas.

As for being worried about getting “overrun”, why? I thought you already said those damn young people are packing into bars.

taxi1

pilot
It was just for one weekend, back to sleepy hollow until late August. It's a prelude to when they return en masse for the Fall semester.

SlickAg

pilot
Texas? Covid central?

So you agree that California doesn't need to shut down? And that no one needs to wear masks anymore because the cat's out of the bag?

Here in Texas it's a 2-48 hour turnaround on PCR tests for hospital patients and healthcare workers. In other words, they're prioritizing. If that employee is so essential, sounds like his "chain of command" needs to speak out and make some things happen.

You've never answered my questions about Tom Wolf's effectiveness at his job. I wonder why he's unable to make testing results happen sooner.

SlickAg

pilot
*Poster’s note: this article is irrefutable due to the fact that it was posted on CNBC

“The results showed that "the dynamics of virus spreading have been overestimated," the universities said, adding that the study suggested that schools did not become the coronavirus "hotspot" after reopening, as had been feared.”

"More than 20 of the examined subjects had at least one proven corona case in the family; however, antibodies were found in only one of these study participants, which would mean that the majority of schoolchildren did not go through an infection themselves despite an infection in the household. This finding must also be taken into account when it comes to deciding on measures to limit contact."

“In addition, a total of 504 teachers participated, their ages ranged from 30 to 66 years.”