• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Exactly. What changed? School back in session? Exposure to a large pool of unvaccinated unmasked individuals?
You don't know where she has been or what her exposure was. You don't really know what has changed, do you? It is out of line to suggest a kid in class gave her COVID. As for me, I suppose I am going to throw myself on the proverbial COVID grenade as I will be teaching for a few days high school students without masks, and me without one as well. You would have me booking a ventilator today.

taxi1

pilot
It is out of line to suggest a kid in class gave her COVID.
I don’t know where that person has been. I do know that those teachers were exposed to a large pool of unvaccinated folks that the pandemic is rapidly moving through (that’s why they closed down the schools). That is a fact.

I guess they could have been the ones to spread it at the school, upon further review.

I expect these teachers were unvaccinated since they died, so caveat emptor on that.

Last edited:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Did I miss something? I am not aware of regulation mandating vaccine passports. Not even a serious proposal from someone or some agency that can make it happen. And while I am not for the vax passport, it is worth remembering that we probably all had a shot card or shot record we had to provide to register for school and to travel to some third world countries.

Local vaccine passport mandates: New Orleans, NYC, Honolulu (Sep 13th). You can't eat in a restaurant without a negative test or a vaccine card in those places. It's caught a couple crews unaware at the hotel.

I wonder how the restaurant owners would respond if I started asking for their entire staffs' medical history. Are there any employees who engage in risky behavior that might put me at risk? Any drug users? I deserve to feel safe, too, and not providing that information doesn't make me feel very safe.

I won't feel bad when restaurants go under after this comes out from their local governments. Shoulda pushed back harder against this asinine invasion of your customers' privacy.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Solution: Bring a service dog, and reply that your vaccine status is related to your service dog. They legally can’t ask about your service dog.
Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

SlickAg

pilot
Did I miss something? I am not aware of regulation mandating vaccine passports. Not even a serious proposal from someone or some agency that can make it happen. And while I am not for the vax passport, it is worth remembering that we probably all had a shot card or shot record we had to provide to register for school and to travel to some third world countries.
@scoolbubba answered before me, but yes, I’d say you’ve missed something.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Exactly. What changed? School back in session? Exposure to a large pool of unvaccinated unmasked individuals?
Or she was recently exposed to the new variant while traveling, out and about, hanging out with friends and family or neighbors.

taxi1

pilot
Or she was recently exposed to the new variant while traveling, out and about, hanging out with friends and family or neighbors.
Sure, or it could have been an infected bat. Not impossible. Just less likely.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I don’t know where that person has been. I do know that those teachers were exposed to a large pool of unvaccinated folks that the pandemic is rapidly moving through (that’s why they closed down the schools). That is a fact.

I guess they could have been the ones to spread it at the school, upon further review.

I expect these teachers were unvaccinated since they died, so caveat emptor on that.
Based on the photos, she is exactly who should have been getting vaccinated.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I won't debate unknowns and I have no interest in speculation. If children are super spreaders we will see a spike in teacher cases over and above the general population. And the reliable data on that will not be known for many months over many jurisdictions.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
You think? Based on the photo in the article, I thought she looked pretty fit.
We might be looking at different photos. I agree she appeared perfectly healthy and not at all the picture of someone I'd expect to be overly vulnerable.

taxi1

pilot
since you’re a Twitter dude now, check this one out.
He probably doesn't understand that they only increased mask wearing by 29%, and it was still less than a majority wearing them, yet they saw the decrease. And the decrease wasn't just among the new people wearing masks.

SlickAg

pilot
He probably doesn't understand that they only increased mask wearing by 29%, and it was still less than a majority wearing them, yet they saw the decrease. And the decrease wasn't just among the new people wearing masks.
I’m going to go with the Professor at Harvard Medical School on this one.

By all means though, if he’s wrong, I look forward to your correcting him on Twitter.