• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Critical NATOPS Update!!!

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Not to be a downer, but what exactly is so funny about this quote I hear 20 times a day, "we got mufuggin snakes on da muffugin plane". it's not funny. its not smart. its not anything. its one of those things that catches on for some reason, because some famous actor said it in a movie, and people start saying it, and it becomes cool to say it, and really the whole time it's just annoying.

I await your hate mail..:)

It is an aviator thing, maybe you'll get it some day.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not to be a downer, but what exactly is so funny about this quote I hear 20 times a day, "we got mufuggin snakes on da muffugin plane". it's not funny. its not smart. its not anything. its one of those things that catches on for some reason, because some famous actor said it in a movie, and people start saying it, and it becomes cool to say it, and really the whole time it's just annoying.

I await your hate mail..:)
Did you read the "NATOPS"?

thull

Did you read the "NATOPS"?

the NATOPS was funny. agreed. but people who AREN'T EVEN AVIATORS :eek: saying "snakes on a plane" and expecting me to burst into a deep bellylaugh like it's the funniest thing I've ever heard, are not funny. because it's actually, objectively, not funny. in my opinion.:)

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
the NATOPS was funny. agreed. but people who AREN'T EVEN AVIATORS :eek: saying "snakes on a plane" and expecting me to burst into a deep bellylaugh like it's the funniest thing I've ever heard, are not funny. because it's actually, objectively, not funny. in my opinion.:)

Because humor is not allowed if you don't have a set of wings, right?

thull

Because humor is not allowed if you don't have a set of wings, right?

no no, don't get me wrong I love humor, I laugh a lot at funny things all the time!:watching3 but when people mindlessly recite some line from a hollywood movie because it's somehow catchy, what is that? that just tells me, ok THAT person doesn't really have a sense of humor, because they're only saying something that everyone else is saying and it's safe to say it, and they're 90% sure it'll get them a quick laugh and nod of approval..and they're just annoying. there. i said it.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
no no, don't get me wrong I love humor, I laugh a lot at funny things all the time!:watching3 but when people mindlessly recite some line from a hollywood movie because it's somehow catchy, what is that? that just tells me, ok THAT person doesn't really have a sense of humor, because they're only saying something that everyone else is saying and it's safe to say it, and they're 90% sure it'll get them a quick laugh and nod of approval..and they're just annoying. there. i said it.
And yet if you note, the original post was put up by a winged aviator. I'm sorry, but that sh!t was funny. Who cares if it was catchy or not.

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
Ahh, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too...

Now THAT'S funny! :D

So is the NATOPS joke. Thull, if you don't like it, so what. That's your perogative. The rest of us, as aviators, have an odd sense of humor because we have to find humor anywhere we can get it. Yeah, we have the best jobs in the world, but there is so much crap that goes along with it, and we have to amuse ourselves somehow to keep sane and keep flying. If that means we grab ahold of a catch phrase from some movie, then by God, we're gonna do it!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is an aviator thing, maybe you'll get it some day.

Then again (God willing), maybe he wont.

BTW, Prop, that's some good sh!t. My only change recomendation would be to introduce said snakes into the free fall chute once they're rendered harmless. You're already depressurized and who wants to deal with a bunch of snake corpses on post-flight?

Brett

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
You're already depressurized and who wants to deal with a bunch of snake corpses on post-flight?

Brett

who cares. I signed for the plane, I don't have to take them out, i'll let the IFT handle that one.

I'll take out my own duce, however.