• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crop Duster With an Attitude!

HornyU2

pilot
None
Huggy - I'm swearing in at the Recruiter's office in Sac.

HeyJoe - I tried to click on the thread link you posted, but I get a message that says I'm not allowed to access this part of the forum.

Alpha Echo - Thanks for the congrats.

Horny

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Huggy - I'm swearing in at the Recruiter's office in Sac.

HeyJoe - I tried to click on the thread link you posted, but I get a message that says I'm not allowed to access this part of the forum.

Well now, I guess you'll have to wait until tomorrow morning at 1101 to see the thread. Oh, okay, I'm a softy... Try it now.

I'll save the wings until tomorrow, though. I'm assuming some sort of alchemy on your chest will occur at the same time.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Ha, well gentleman, let me stand corrected, the air force is amazing, so great I can't believe I chose the Navy, I mean what was a I thinking, bicycle tires and Camaros, who wouldn't want to wear the blue?!

So if my dry humor didn't convey it, I was just kidding how this was impossible. However after 8 months in Enid, I know I wouldn't want to have to be the guy pushing in through the big blue maze of people who would have to sign off on it. I'm sure some civil servant in China would have to sign before Major Doesn't Fly Anymore signed but it's got to come after Col. So and So... ect... ie. getting this signed off would be a nightmare I don't want to think about!

Yes I can convert avgas to pounds and I saw the GPH before the #/min call on fuel burn. And yes, by any standard I still agree 150kts on 10gph is great!

Finally Congrats Horny! Give um hell over in 22.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
The AgCats we flew were bigger and with 600hp radial engines and same kinds of limitations but they were also noisy as hell. The civilians in Rhodesia were dropping mortars via PVC pipe mounted to the wing strut and landing gear.
Could go on and on with stories. Great life!!!
Semper Fi
Rocky

I know the man who designed the Grumman AgCat, Joe Lippert. Met him when I was back in middle school, flying radio controlled airplanes at a field next to a vineyard with a bunch of other former Grumman engineers. Even at his age (had to be 80+ years old at the time), Grumman would consult him on issues that came up with the Tomcat. Now and then he'd lose sight of his plane and hand me the box, and I'd fly it back in until he could see it, then hand the box back to him. He was a great American and I learned a lot about aviation from him. Unfortunately he's no longer with us.

Sweet story, by the way.

FlyinRock

Reminds me of the time when an elderly gent stopped by the Bell helicopter display area at HAI. The young sales rep began his spiel and the old man nodded his head in understanding. After a couple of minutes, another person moved up and said quietly, "Mr. Sikorsky we have a meeting to go to..." and they left. The youngster had been in the presence of a legend and didn't know it.
I have a similar story but will wait to tell it.
Semper Fi
Rocky