• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crossing the Streams

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
In another thread, a comment was made "If we just had a SIPR Airwarriors..." Not a bad idea, since (for those with access) it can be a good clearinghouse of information "from the horse's mouth." Since SIPR already has a similar setup to this forum, I figured I'd give it a try.

From the Intelink homepage, go to Analyst Forum (on the right side middle of the page). I started a new thread there titled "Airwarriors Reference Topic: F/A-18 Patriot OIF I Fratricide Incident" - I've linked in a couple of good summaries that describe the event and some lessons learned. If you have follow-up or other info, feel free to post - you don't need a login or anything.

There is a JWICS equivalent on the high side for topics that can't be addressed at the SIPR level. Be advised, extra caution should be exercised if you do use SIPR or JWICS; be extremely vigilant about keeping what you learn on the classified side limited to those forums. Airwarriors is a useful mechanism, but one spillage incident and, as the French say, the merde will truly hit the ventilateur.... :)

robav8r

None
Contributor
Just checked it out - good stuff. Would be nice if it were a bit more "categorized" though. Good stuff nontheless.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
teasing.jpg

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
For those that don't know:

SIPR = Secret [formerly Secure] Internet Protocol Router Network...basically classified level internet.

JWICS= Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System .. higher level SIPR thingie...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
For those that don't know:

SIPR = Secret [formerly Secure] Internet Protocol Router Network...basically classified level internet.

JWICS= Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System .. higher level SIPR thingie...

He lost me at "Intelink homepage..."

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had all that and more at C5F...I ain't got squat at USNA....rumor has it the Supe and Dant have a Stu-III on his/her desk...:( :(

I swear I had classified information withdrawls when I got back...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It amazes me that some communities don't have regular access to SIPR. Your COs and Commodores should be working to change that.

Brett

MasterBates

It amazes me that some communities don't have regular access to SIPR. Your COs and Commodores should be working to change that.

Brett

You mean like having to go across the street, check out a hard drive and use 1 of 2 computers for 4 fleet squadrons?

And only open from 0800-1130 and 1300-1630...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Brett

I have no need for it. It was readily available when I did such things tactical, but now...does the level speed change really need to be CONFIDENTIAL?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have no need for it. It was readily available when I did such things tactical, but now...does the level speed change really need to be CONFIDENTIAL?

I had to go out of my way to get it here, and the folks at FITCPAC were nice enough to open their doors to me and give me an account, but you should be able to walk in to anyplace with the proper facilities and they can look you up and get you access.

Brett

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot

Brett
We have the drops, new locks for the doors, and training for handling of the secret stuff. But no money for secret computers. About the secretest thing that we usually see on a regular basis are the headlines from message traffic.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I try to avoid SIPR like the plague. Mainly because i don't want to accidentally leave my HD in over night then end up turning big rocks into little rocks. Now that NMCI is running the show, i'm sure they've turned an already difficult system to navigate into a virtually useless one.

Got a good intel guy, I use him a lot. He knows how to find the stuff i need. For anything else I look for someone with two anchors and more patience than me. I'm a stick monkey, there's a reason I wasn't allowed to use the crew laptop without adult supervision...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We have the drops, new locks for the doors, and training for handling of the secret stuff. But no money for secret computers. About the secretest thing that we usually see on a regular basis are the headlines from message traffic.

Isn't the equipment supposed to be funded through the NMCI contract? WTF?

Brett

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Isn't the equipment supposed to be funded through the NMCI contract? WTF?

NMCI can't even get the regular internet to work well. Giving them the keys to SIPR is like giving a blind person a job as a school bus driver.