• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crossing the Streams

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I barely use SIPR, but that is because my primary work computer is a JWICS. I don't even have an unclassified computer at my desk, though I do have a STE (replacement for the STU-III) and a 'special' phone at my desk. All that is a pain in the ass and then some a lot of times, but like FlyinSpy said there is some really cool stuff on the high side. I am going to go through serious withdrawals here soon........:(

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I barely use SIPR, but that is because my primary work computer is a JWICS. I don't even have an unclassified computer at my desk, though I do have a STE (replacement for the STU-III) and a 'special' phone at my desk. All that is a pain in the ass and then some a lot of times, but like FlyinSpy said there is some really cool stuff on the high side. I am going to go through serious withdrawals here soon........:(

Sell your house yet? Standing by to low-ball your liberal ass. ;)

Brett

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Isn't the equipment supposed to be funded through the NMCI contract? WTF?

Brett
NMCI can't even keep the UPS in the NIPR closet next to my desk from beeping. (bad battery, no fundage/motivation on their part to replace it) Oh, and we don't have a key to the closet to reset it ourselves, so we have to put in a trouble ticket everytime it inexplicably starts beeping.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NMCI can't even keep the UPS in the NIPR closet next to my desk from beeping. (bad battery, no fundage/motivation on their part to replace it) Oh, and we don't have a key to the closet to reset it ourselves, so we have to put in a trouble ticket everytime it inexplicably starts beeping.

I'd start (as I know others have) keeping a log of all the unattended discrepancies and work stoppages and forward them to the IG. You know the COC isn't going to make waves on this, so someone might as well know the Navy and Marine Corps are being underserved/defrauded by a contractor. Would we accept this level of service from Boeing or NG?

Brett

Pugs

Back from the range
None
There is a JWICS equivalent on the high side for topics that can't be addressed at the SIPR level. Be advised, extra caution should be exercised if you do use SIPR or JWICS; be extremely vigilant about keeping what you learn on the classified side limited to those forums. Airwarriors is a useful mechanism, but one spillage incident and, as the French say, the merde will truly hit the ventilateur.... :)

Nice job! Of course no SIPR for me but I didn't find that topic on Intellink TS in the bulletin boards under the same topic?

Pugs

Back from the range
None
There is a JWICS equivalent on the high side for topics that can't be addressed at the SIPR level. Be advised, extra caution should be exercised if you do use SIPR or JWICS; be extremely vigilant about keeping what you learn on the classified side limited to those forums. Airwarriors is a useful mechanism, but one spillage incident and, as the French say, the merde will truly hit the ventilateur.... :)

Nice job! Of course no SIPR for me but I didn't find that topic on Intellink TS in the bulletin boards under the same topic?

snake020

Contributor
What's the address to get to Intelink? Not having Google on SIPR, it's kinda hard to find stuff when the homepage is the base internal .smil site.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
AW's "I love the '80s" Movie Week...

crossed.jpg

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Howdy Pugs! Unfortunately, they don't mirror the two forums (SIPR & JWICS) because of classification issues. I checked on the high side today, and of course they don't have either of the documents that were on the SIPR side.

Since none of the Intelink powers-that-be have descended on me for posting in the Analyst Forum (at least not yet...), then I'll assume we have a license to kill. As other relevant topics pop up, I'll send a "bellringer" message out to give a heads up to check SIPR.

Intelink homepage: Google is available, but you have to be on the homepage to get it - Catch-22. I can't remember the exact URL, but lots of base homepages have a link down on the bottom of their page somewhere.

Organization: Yep, it's pretty unstructured. They haven't quite gotten to breaking things down into sub-classes, like they are here on AW. In my copious spare time, I'll fling that suggestion over the transom to the web gurus.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I had to go out of my way to get it here, and the folks at FITCPAC were nice enough to open their doors to me and give me an account, but you should be able to walk in to anyplace with the proper facilities and they can look you up and get you access.

Brett

I know, and we had this discussion before, probably a year ago. Honestly, I barely have time to check my regular email just because it takes so long to load, so having to go to some other building on the other side of base during an already 8-10 hour day (when it's nice out, anyway) just isn't a high priority. I had a roomate on my second cruise who literally surfed SIPR on the ships' less-than-1k/sec connection. Yes, I laughed at him.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
we had two pc's hooked to one drop in my squadron's vault. i could spend hours on sipr, if i wasn't flying, i was in the vault on sipr ... ya gotta know where to surf. it was about as fast as a good dialup connection, sometimes faster. i can't remember the link to intelink, i think it's www.ismc.sgov.gov ... intelink is the "portal" to the sipr. the site itself has a bunch of links and it has google. naswc, mawts, pacom, msic, nasic (my favorite) are some good places to start. ahhh, i'm having sipr withdraws ...

S/F

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sell your house yet? Standing by to low-ball your liberal ass. ;)

Brett

No sale yet, you might still have a chance to low-ball me. The market up there sucks right now, hardly anythign is selling. Apparently the weather is not helping either........:(

hscs

pilot
jarhead - that is the correct address for intellink. There really should be no reason why a squadron should not have access to SIPR -- especially with things such as ACOL. Chain of Command needs to be beating doors down about this.