• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does the apple fall far from the tree?

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Thought this was interesting. At least he didn't have a hooker in the car. I did think it was funny that he came right out and said alcohol was not involved... yeah... I guess he just felt like going for a drive at 3am???

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Patrick Kennedy, son of Sen. Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts, crashed his car into a barricade on Capitol Hill early Thursday morning, the Rhode Island Democrat said.

"I was involved in a traffic incident last night at First and C Street SE near the U.S. Capitol," Rep. Kennedy said in a news release.

"I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident. I will fully cooperate with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake."

Kennedy, 39, was not injured in the accident, which apparently happened about 3 a.m., one law enforcement source said.

The elder Kennedy, a fellow Democrat, said he had no immediate comment.

Congressional and law enforcement sources said Capitol Hill Police witnessed the accident, and they reported that Kennedy was the only one in the car, which was badly damaged.

A statement on the police Web site says, "The United States Capitol Police are investigating a traffic violation that occurred in the early morning hours ... in the 100 Block of C Street, SE." They did not identify who was involved or provide other details.

The officials said officers at the scene reported seeing the car swerve before the crash and said Kennedy appeared intoxicated.

After the accident, they drove Kennedy home. There was no indication from the sources that a sobriety test was given or that an arrest was made.

Sean Richardson, Kennedy's chief of staff, confirmed there was an accident involving a vehicle overnight, and said no alcohol was involved.

One source told CNN that Kennedy told a police officer he was late for a vote.

The House was not in session at the time, having adjourned Wednesday night at 11:59, according to its Web site.

zuggerat

VetteMuscle427 said:
Thought this was interesting. At least he didn't have a hooker in the car. I did think it was funny that he came right out and said alcohol was not involved... yeah... I guess he just felt like going for a drive at 3am???

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Patrick Kennedy, son of Sen. Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts, crashed his car into a barricade on Capitol Hill early Thursday morning, the Rhode Island Democrat said.

"I was involved in a traffic incident last night at First and C Street SE near the U.S. Capitol," Rep. Kennedy said in a news release.

"I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident. I will fully cooperate with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake."

Kennedy, 39, was not injured in the accident, which apparently happened about 3 a.m., one law enforcement source said.

The elder Kennedy, a fellow Democrat, said he had no immediate comment.

Congressional and law enforcement sources said Capitol Hill Police witnessed the accident, and they reported that Kennedy was the only one in the car, which was badly damaged.

A statement on the police Web site says, "The United States Capitol Police are investigating a traffic violation that occurred in the early morning hours ... in the 100 Block of C Street, SE." They did not identify who was involved or provide other details.

The officials said officers at the scene reported seeing the car swerve before the crash and said Kennedy appeared intoxicated.

After the accident, they drove Kennedy home. There was no indication from the sources that a sobriety test was given or that an arrest was made.

Sean Richardson, Kennedy's chief of staff, confirmed there was an accident involving a vehicle overnight, and said no alcohol was involved.

One source told CNN that Kennedy told a police officer he was late for a vote.

The House was not in session at the time, having adjourned Wednesday night at 11:59, according to its Web site.

my guess is that he was drinking and the liberal media wants to portray the democrats in the nicest way possible... maximize the midterm elections and control the house and senate... those dirty dirty *******s

oh yeah... he probably fell asleep at the wheel

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
zuggerat said:
my guess is that he was drinking and the liberal media wants to portray the democrats in the nicest way possible... maximize the midterm elections and control the house and senate... those dirty dirty *******s

oh yeah... he probably fell asleep at the wheel

Yes, it all part of a vast left wing conspiracy.......:icon_roll

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Kennedy's are above the law

Mary Jo Kopechne in the Chappaquiddick river.

Martha Moxley in Greenwich village.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
Kennedy's are above the law

Mary Jo Kopechne in the Chappaquiddick river.

Martha Moxley in Greenwich village.

Didn't Michael Skakel get 20 years for that? Albeit a little late, but he is in prison now, not quite above the law anymore.

P.S. Give me a few minutes and I am sure I can find a few Republican bad seeds, and Independents, Communists.......etc...etc.....There are bad apples in every bunch.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Flash said:
There are bad apples in every bunch.

But we only care about the bad apples on the left :icon_smil I was listening to Hannity today and he did the whole breaking news thing... I thought there was some world-changing event... At least he wasn't in an airplane :eek:

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Flash said:
Didn't Michael Skakel get 20 years for that? Albeit a little late, but he is in prison now, not quite above the law anymore.

P.S. Give me a few minutes and I am sure I can find a few Republican bad seeds, and Independents, Communists.......etc...etc.....There are bad apples in every bunch.

He did get sentenced...in 2002...for a crime he committed in 1975. And he would have gone free if a book published by Mark Fuhrman hadn't gained notoriety.

Also, I didn't say anything about political parties or anything else - just that the Kennedy's seem to be above the law. I only mentioned two murders, not even talking about the various other indiscretions...

Of course if we are on political parties...how about a Democrat who commits perjury, loses his license to practice law for 5 years for it, but is not charged in court...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
He did get sentenced...in 2002...for a crime he committed in 1975. And he would have gone free if a book published by Mark Fuhrman hadn't gained notoriety.

Also, I didn't say anything about political parties or anything else - just that the Kennedy's seem to be above the law. I only mentioned two murders, not even talking about the various other indiscretions...

Of course if we are on political parties...how about a Democrat who commits perjury, loses his license to practice law for 5 years for it, but is not charged in court...

Or a Republican who pleaded guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to commit bribery, mail fraud, wire fraud, and tax evasion? And now may be looked at for soliciting prostitution. From the Wall Street Journal: http://online.wsj.com/public/articl...hxSnYdWg6foBQ3_mvCwZ4_20070427.html?mod=blogs

On the Democratic side, Rep William J. Jefferson, who will likely be charged soon with accepting bribes. An article from 'GASP!' the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/15/AR2006021502752.html

And more traffic violations: Rep. Kevin Brady (R): http://www.khou.com/news/local/politics/stories/khou051011_ac_kevinbrady.e2c62f2e.html

Former Rep. William John "Bill" Janklow(R) who served 100 days in jail for manslaughter: http://www.answers.com/topic/bill-janklow

Turn over enough rocks in DC and you will find all sorts of dirty politicians on both sides of the aisle.......

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I more than agree with you (I really shouldn't have put that thing about Clinton in there, but I can't help it, I really dislike that guy).

My point was more a family thing than the general "My political party is infallible and every other one is completely evil and wants to destroy America" argument.

The Kennedy's are pretty bulletproof is all I meant to say I guess.

/libertarian

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
Observances that I know to be true:
1) Gravity always wins
2) Wives always win
3) Kennedy = untouchable