• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dog Tags

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mine are laced into my boots.

I've never been asked by anyone to see them during my career.

Carno

Insane
I have a question about lacing them through the boots. Do you lace a dog tag through every pair of boots you own, or just the boots you wear when you fly?

Does everyone lace a dog tag through their boots?

MasterBates

Dog tags? When I find mine I will let you know. There is not even a way to get them at NRB. NEX does not do them, no other commands make them here.

I keep 1 on my running shoes in case of accident, due to not normally carrying ID when I run.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Wear a pair around my neck, and one tag laced in the boots i fly in.

When I decide to break-in another pair of boots, I'll put a tag in those too.

BTW, don't know how it is in the other training wings, but we in tw-6 were told we REQUIRED to have our dogtags on our person when we fly.

ElCidAv8tor05

Any of you boys seen a VORTAC around here?
pilot
Here at Whiting we were told that if we don't have your dog tags, its a Ready Room Down... So needless to say I rock mine like its going outta style. They also make a good place to put my wedding ring when I'm flying.

-"Easy"

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cant remember the last time I wore mine flying. There was a place asking if I was wearing them on my mishap I answered "no" and never heard a thing about it.

Edit: I wore one on my boot in Iraq along with my bloodtype written on the inside of the boot

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a question about lacing them through the boots. Do you lace a dog tag through every pair of boots you own, or just the boots you wear when you fly?

Does everyone lace a dog tag through their boots?

Only wear them on my flight boots...which I wear when I fly...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I first went trhoguh NFO training they told us they were no longer required due to the DNA samples we gave them. I was told this repeatedly during the beginning of training. Since then I have ehard hide nor hair one way or the other. Most people I knew did not wear them. I wore them sometimes overseas but not usually at home.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
When I first went trhoguh NFO training they told us they were no longer required due to the DNA samples we gave them. I was told this repeatedly during the beginning of training. Since then I have ehard hide nor hair one way or the other. Most people I knew did not wear them. I wore them sometimes overseas but not usually at home.

OMG flash...it's time to put the bottle down.