• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dress Khakis

Do you want the CNO to bring back the dress khaki or some newer version of it?

• Yes

Votes: 48 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 41 43.6%
  • He's my CNO, I'll do whatever he says

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlytheBall

Maybe, maybe not, maybe go fvck yourself.
pilot
Dont know if any of you have heard, but our CNO wants to bring back the old dress khakis that left the navy in the early 70's. Dont get me wrong, i think they look **** hot (especially the aviator greens) but i dont see the point of him approving this way new, radical and in my opinion ugly working uniform (task force uniform) and then trying to push such an old school idea that was done away with by Zumwalt over 30 years ago. Maybe i just dont see it because i dont feel like spending money on a new jacket that aviators, when compared to current non-flightsuit uniforms, seem to hardly ever wear. Just wondering what everyones opinions were. If you want to read about it check out the latest edition of the Navy Times.

MasterBates

I would like the DK's to come back. CAPT Wideman (NASC CO when I was there in 01-02) wore them a couple times, and they were BAD! (in a good way)

Aviation greens I believe are still in the uniform regs. I would like a pair. When the CO was going to make the SDO be in SDK's/SDW/SDBs or Johnny Cash, JOPA peititioned/*****ed for AvGreen to be approved if we HAD to not wear a bag. Almost happened.

BTW, we still stand watch in Bags, not too bad. Behold the power of JOPA!

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Av greens are a special order item from Navy Exchange. They're scheduled to be done away with.

As far as dress khakis, I don't like them, but that isn't the point. We don't need another d@mn uniform.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
When I think green... I think Army.

And it would be quite silly to reinstate them as a common uniform.... the MAJOR reason for Task Force Uniform was because people couldn't fit all their uniforms into a seabag. The new uni's were created to start cutting uniforms out... not add old ones back in

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Just my $0.00000000000000000000002 cents as a newbie/noob/young'n, but I think that Dress Khakis were badass. Just throwin' that out there, crawling back into my hole to study my Rat Bible now.:)

MasterBates

Let me just say that I think the new uniforms suck.

They look like marine uniforms and Chair Force uniforms had a ******* love child. No thanks.

I'd rather just take what we have now.

I may be a BAD PILOT, but when I go on long cruise, I take the following:

Summer Whites
Choker Jacket. Never needed, use whites pants if needed
SDBs. Never Know
1 PW/1 Washed Khaki set.
All 3 shoes.

Thats it. My mechs bring their equivalent.

How is this too much to fit in a seabag? We have made a "No JC's for Air Det" policy, so we eliminated 1. Still plenty of room. What I have seen take up a ton of room, is that people in OCS/A-School mode have

1-INSPECTION COVERALLS. Never worn. Never Will Be
2-Not quite inspection, but only worn once a year coveralls.
4-5 Pairs of "Normal" coveralls
3-4 Pairs of "crappy" coveralls.

And enough civvies to go 2 weeks without wearing the same thing twice.

Pack lighter, people, you are not going to have THAT many days in port without access to washing machines.

And on the INSPECTION COVERALLS thing.

That is a leadership failure. Should you be wearing your nastiest pair when the CNO/MCPON comes? No. They are a WORKING UNIFORM. If you need to be in a Service Dress or Dress uniform, for some reason,then the CO should promulgate such.

FlytheBall

Maybe, maybe not, maybe go fvck yourself.
pilot
Obviously hit a nerver there, but I agree. The new uniforms look like crap. Just glad that I wont ever have to wear one. I think the problem lies with too many people allowed to wear coveralls. As far as i understood coveralls were for jobs that were really really crappy ie working on engines. Now it seems like everyone on a ship wears them. Sub guys, i kinda understand...but they're underwater so nobody really cares what they do. Its an easy solution if you ask me. Coveralls for really really crappy jobs, then dungaress. Granted they look diff then they did 100 years ago, but the dungarees are a huge tradition. And if people like the new uniforms because they hide dirt better, then people need to stop slopping sh!t on their uniforms. How long has everyone here gone without washing a flight suit?? I rest my case. Did i mention the new uniforms are ugly? Plus i think the khaki like things make the enlisted look like marines. But thats just me.

MasterBates

In his case, it was nice to be the boss, and wear whatever you want. I saw him wear greens too. He encouraged our OCS class to buy a pair before they go away...

pdx

HSM Pilot
I do like the look of the DK, but why yet another uniform. I commissioned from OCS 18 months ago and I still owe $1200 to the NEX, but at least I own a set of Johnny Cashes and three sets of Khakis:confused: . I have yet to wear my SDB, which is fine, because it looks like a business suit.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Let me just say that I think the new uniforms suck.

They look like marine uniforms and Chair Force uniforms had a ******* love child. No thanks.

I'd rather just take what we have now.

I may be a BAD PILOT, but when I go on long cruise, I take the following:

Summer Whites
Choker Jacket. Never needed, use whites pants if needed
SDBs. Never Know
1 PW/1 Washed Khaki set.
All 3 shoes.

Thats it. My mechs bring their equivalent.

How is this too much to fit in a seabag? We have made a "No JC's for Air Det" policy, so we eliminated 1. Still plenty of room. What I have seen take up a ton of room, is that people in OCS/A-School mode have

1-INSPECTION COVERALLS. Never worn. Never Will Be
2-Not quite inspection, but only worn once a year coveralls.
4-5 Pairs of "Normal" coveralls
3-4 Pairs of "crappy" coveralls.

And enough civvies to go 2 weeks without wearing the same thing twice.

Pack lighter, people, you are not going to have THAT many days in port without access to washing machines.

And on the INSPECTION COVERALLS thing.

That is a leadership failure. Should you be wearing your nastiest pair when the CNO/MCPON comes? No. They are a WORKING UNIFORM. If you need to be in a Service Dress or Dress uniform, for some reason,then the CO should promulgate such.

Do you ever wear the wash khakis? I have only seen chiefs wear those.