• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dress Khakis

Do you want the CNO to bring back the dress khaki or some newer version of it?

• Yes

Votes: 48 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 41 43.6%
  • He's my CNO, I'll do whatever he says

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
:D ... And welcome aboard.

Don't worry ... after @ 100 posts the administrator will send you your very own pistol and one round. At least they did me ...

I STILL haven't received mine! They just like you, A4's, 'cause you're old and cranky :D

It's a sharp uniform. I don't think it'd look very good with a garrison cover though, and I hate combo covers, but i might suck it up in this case. Wonder how long till it hits the racks at the NEX…

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I STILL haven't received mine! They just like you, A4's, 'cause you're old and cranky :D

It's a sharp uniform. I don't think it'd look very good with a garrison cover though, and I hate combo covers, but i might suck it up in this case. Wonder how long till it hits the racks at the NEX…

Beware Navy Times' headlines - they tend towards hyperbole.

Brett

baconbits

None
Personally, I'm all for the DKs. From WWII movies and pictures I've seen, they look darn spiffy, seem fairly practical and look professional. One big thing, if we get them, I hope that they replace the Summer Whites, Winter Blues (not that khaki wearers wear them anyway), Dress Blue Yankees (yet again, who wears that???) and the current service khakis. It's not that I don't like those uniforms, but it seems redundant to have all of those uniforms, when the DKs would be a year round service uniform. This would also go with the concept of Task Force Uniform to reduce the seabag (have one new uniform replace 4 old ones). I would also hope that is would be like the Army or Marine Corps greens, in that you could wear several different relaxed variants of it based on the working situation (such as with out the jacket and with the tie, without the jacket and without the tie, with the current Ike jacket and a garrison cap and such, maybe a short sleeve shirt to wear with it in the summer time or in hot places like Guam). Overall, I think it is a great idea and I'll be in line waiting at the NEX for them too. -JCB

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone ever see a picture of the female style for the dress khakis from when they existed the first time? I've never seen one and am kind of curious to know what it looks like.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I'm in agreement with bacon...

Also, I say if we are gonna bring'em back, bing'em back old school with the pockets... the "slit pockets" look absolutely retarded...

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
I haven't read the article, but just curious, what would the women's uniform look like? Would we have a differrent looking jacket (like our SDB's and Dress Whites?) and that little funny looking necktie thingy?

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
Anyone ever see a picture of the female style for the dress khakis from when they existed the first time? I've never seen one and am kind of curious to know what it looks like.

From what the Navy Times article said, they never had 'em. They discontinued the uniform before they were needed for female officers. Something they need to work out if they do bring them back.

I think I'm in favor, even without knowing what they might look like. Seems like it could be a pretty decent uniform.

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot

I wasn't around in the 70's, but I'm almost positive that this is the reason why the dress khakis were terminated. How can you put on a jacket if you can't tuck your shirt in?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
^ The Army does it... and it doesn't look bad... well, it wouldn't if it weren't green...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From what the Navy Times article said, they never had 'em. They discontinued the uniform before they were needed for female officers. Something they need to work out if they do bring them back.

I think I'm in favor, even without knowing what they might look like. Seems like it could be a pretty decent uniform.

Uhhh, weren't almost all of the nurses female in WWII, Kroea and Vietnam? They had to wear something other than smocks......:D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Naaaaah.... the women didn't wear Service Dress Khaki's.

Service Dress Blues, Service Dress Whites, Navy Blue working uniform, working gray uniform, working smocks, aviation coverall, and of course --- dungarees.

But no Service Dress Khakis ... :)

45-127-t.jpg
45-127-b.jpg

Touch this : http://www.blitzkriegbaby.de/homepage.htm

copyright.gif

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Naaaaah.... the women didn't wear Service Dress Khaki's.

Service Dress Blues, Service Dress Whites, Navy Blue working uniform, working gray uniform, working smocks, aviation coverall, and of course --- dungarees.

But no Service Dress Khakis ... :)

45-127-t.jpg
45-127-b.jpg

Touch this : http://www.blitzkriegbaby.de/homepage.htm

copyright.gif

Yeah, I didn't find anything in Google, thanks for clearing that up. Now, why can't the nurses still look like those recruiting posters instead of Great Aunt Margaret? I guess they went the way of Airline Stewardesses in the US.......:(