• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

drug smuggling via submarine

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Well the use of rotor wash has been prohibited by the CGs regs (not saying it wasn't used, however). And AUF is fairly recent in the widespread sense (vice just a specialized unit), and since not every deployed crew would be trained in it presently, the rotor wash is still a good option.

Just recently my crew found a drug boat hiding in the rocks along the shore of Costa Rica...we radio'd a Navy vessel nearby who sent a 60 to use their rotor wash. It was a beautiful sight as it totally f'd up these guys, and they were unable to move off the rocks.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
What's scarier than a Seahawk Chasing you down?
Possibly this thing!
m80.jpg

US Navy’s M80 Stiletto Finally Sees Action
M Ship’s Stiletto Nabs Smugglers

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Personally, I have always felt that surface interdiction against drug smugglers would be a great mission for the NAVAIRRES. Keeps your air-to-mud skills sharp, great for new weapons development, and all that stuff.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
why'd they name that boat the stiletto? all that makes me think of are hookers heels. very nice.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Personally, I have always felt that surface interdiction against drug smugglers would be a great mission for the NAVAIRRES. Keeps your air-to-mud skills sharp, great for new weapons development, and all that stuff.

Too bad we have all that due process, innocent until proven guilty jazz... 'cuz I agree!

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Maybe we should get into the anti-piracy game - it looks like there are a plethora of targets out there.

http://www.eaglespeak.us/

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. When I read "NAVAIRRES," I read Reserves, no? If so, they are part of the solution, but probably not in any way Single Seat may be thinking of (that I'm aware of). Or are we talking something completely different?

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Maybe I'm misunderstanding. When I read "NAVAIRRES," I read Reserves, no? If so, they are part of the solution, but probably not in any way Single Seat may be thinking of (that I'm aware of). Or are we talking something completely different?

Right: Naval Air Reserve needs more real missions. We would have loved it back in the day.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Maybe they should use stealth aircraft instead of subs??? Not out of their price range, although I don't think there are too many stealths out there to buy...

On a side note, Cocaine Cowboys is an interesting documentary about the cocaine smuggling ops during the 70's and 80's...check it out if interested.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Maybe they should use stealth aircraft instead of subs??? Not out of their price range, although I don't think there are too many stealths out there to buy...

On a side note, Cocaine Cowboys is an interesting documentary about the cocaine smuggling ops during the 70's and 80's...check it out if interested.

I hear the Iranians have some nifty wooden stealth seaplanes I'm sure they'd be happy to sell to those undermining the great Satan.