• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

drug smuggling via submarine

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You fellows obviously weren't around in the early days of the Reagan administration ... they LOVED the Navy Reserves, the Gulf, blue skies, blue water, and lots of money for flyin' ...

And they didn't like the druggies nor the Contras ... :)

Nuff' said. :sleep_125

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
You fellows obviously weren't around in the early days of the Reagan administration ... they LOVED the Navy Reserves, the Gulf, blue skies, blue water, and lots of money for flyin' ...

You mean Sandanistas??

Clux4

Banned
Seriously, how much do you think these guys are willing to pay for one of those subs?

Any Engineering guy/gal want to throw out an estimate. I might be able to foot the capital to make one of these things.

For all interested parties, I am collecting estimates !! :D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Correcto-mundo. :)

And forsome reason, I find Uncle Hugo an even bigger asshole of the Southern Hemisphere than this asshole.

1101860331_400.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Seriously, how much do you think these guys are willing to pay for one of those subs?

Any Engineering guy/gal want to throw out an estimate. I might be able to foot the capital to make one of these things.

For all interested parties, I am collecting estimates !! :D

Actually, I'm suprised one of the cartels havn't tried to collaborate with the Russian mob in procuring one of the old Foxtrots or Romeo diesel boats which have been rotting at the piers for decades if they havn't already been turned into razor blades. It would probably take some serious pesos to get something like that seaworthy, but if you could pull it off, you could fully submerge, unlike an SPSS.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
There's my favorite Mama-San in the top right ... saw her @ breakfast one fine morning at the Philippine Plaza after Ferdinand had gone on to his reward ... she's a big woman and she ate like a horse. I was gonna say "Mabuhay" as I went by, but the bodyguard was a huge guy and looked perpetually pissed .... she did have nice shoes, though ... :)

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor

A4: I was around during those days and am not aware (operative word) of any AirRes units being used to wax surface drug-runners. Are you saying this occurred? If so, from where? Boca Chica? NOLA? Expiring minds want to know. Thanks

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Actually, I'm suprised one of the cartels havn't tried to collaborate with the Russian mob in procuring one of the old Foxtrots or Romeo diesel boats which have been rotting at the piers for decades if they havn't already been turned into razor blades. It would probably take some serious pesos to get something like that seaworthy, but if you could pull it off, you could fully submerge, unlike an SPSS.

Whats worse, driving a semi-submersible full of coke, or being a competely unidentified sub off our coast?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4: I was around during those days and am not aware (operative word) of any AirRes units being used to wax surface drug-runners. Are you saying this occurred? If so, from where? Boca Chica? NOLA? Expiring minds want to know. Thanks
No comment/nuff said ... (feel free to insert operative word here). 'Cause then you'd have to kill yourself.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
They have tried that before, didn't work out to well...
http://articles.latimes.com/1998/jun/21/news/mn-62197