• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-18 joyride?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
An S-3 pilot from my fleet squadron got to take his brother who was a helo pilot for a flight.

Flugelman

Contributor
P-3 Space A

We took a space-a PAX (Navy Chief) from Cubi to Tainan on our R&R flight back in '71. He paid for it tho... He was seated in the aft facing dinette seat and the coffee pot came unsecured during reverse on landing, dumping the contents in his lap. :eek: Only time I ever saw that happen. I guess the Ordnanceman's ORM was a little lax that day.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
wow, p-3s did space A, I would think there was too much secret squirel stuff for that
I did it as a stashed, unassigned ENS to get from PCOLA to Moffett for Christmas. We also hopped aboard any available P-3 or VR flights as MIDN for the 4 years I was in school to go basically wherever they flew. A VERY common occurrence in the old days ....

haubby

None
Contributor
During my travels with my AW counterparts I've heard old school stories on how during holiday standowns, P-3 squadrons would plan "training" flights around where their people were going to spend their leave. They'd drop em off, then another crew would fly the same route and pick everyone up.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
During my travels with my AW counterparts I've heard old school stories on how during holiday standowns, P-3 squadrons would plan "training" flights around where their people were going to spend their leave. They'd drop em off, then another crew would fly the same route and pick everyone up.

Exactly how my P-3 rides came about .... "training hops" that spanned the country X2 from coast to coast ...... :)

Flugelman

Contributor

Happened all the time. You just had better be there to be picked up or your shit could get pretty raggety. We made one from Barbers Point to Montgomery, Alabama non stop. Big ass tail wind negated need for fuel stop at North Island.