• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-8 Ejection

Pags

N/A
pilot
M7Stanley said:
Ok, total thread jack/noob question. What is the deal with that picture?
go rent apocalypse now...sell the car, sell the house, sell the kids, i'm never coming back

Pags

N/A
pilot
MasterBates said:
What are these parachutes. And where do I get one?

The only time I have worn a chute in a helo was when I flew a Russki Helix last summer.
parachutes?

parachutes?

we don't need no stinking parachutes.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
TXHusker05 said:
That is a lesson for everyone, when all you see is fire in the rearview and your plane starts doing its own thing... it is time to take your leave.

man, i've got a new guy just like you in my squadron. You'll do well if you get to a wardroom... <sarcasm>

T

TXHusker05

Mefesto said:
Learn that in all your years of experience? :sleep_125

Looks like someone else is about to roll out in the groove... foul deck anyone?

I'd say that it was lesson number five in my couple hundred hours in a T-34 (and no, not a Navy T-34). I don't think you need 10 years in the fleet to learn, see fire... get out.

T

TXHusker05

The point isn't the hours, the point is you don't need a set of gold wings and a couple million dollars worth of training to know when to ditch an aircraft.

NavyLonghorn

TXHusker05 said:
The point isn't the hours, the point is you don't need a set of gold wings and a couple million dollars worth of training to know when to ditch an aircraft.

To "Ditch" an aircraft, is to "crash" it, in a controlled manner, into a body of water.

To "eject," is to pull the ejection handle, in accordance with NATOPS.

And if you think that people eject, or ditch, or bail-out, or perform any kind of emergency procedure based on a "whim" or "intuition," you are very very wrong. We live, breath, eat, sleep, and **** procedures.

But hey, you dont need hours to know that right? I think I learned that in Math 408C junior year.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
TXHusker05 said:
Me and all 9 of my T-6 hours could tell you that as well... but I also know what Mefesto said... You try to put the fire out... pulling the ejection handles is an option you take if you get to that point in the procedure, and you can't get the aircraft to a recoverable state... save the plane if you can.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
NavyVance said:
My father lost an engine in 1980 on a cat shot. Id like to thank the designers of autofeather for my life (seeing as I wasnt concieved yet.)

I knew I started getting old when:
1. I no longer got ID'ed at bars anymore
2. While sitting through T-34 systems recently (for the second time) the instructor, Mr. Eddy (the same guy I had the first time) asked if there was anyone in the class who was born on or after 1985. A couple of hands actually went up.
3. I routinely get called "sir" while in civvies by people who don't know me.
:cry_125:

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Mefesto said:
that guy is awesome!!!! ask him about -4 trying to sh1t in his glove during a flight. that story will have you in tears.

he told me that story! that was quite a feat of flexibility.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Negative. E-6B with MDS mod. I took the picture because we were at our service ceiling (FL420, which you can't see because it is way to small). What you can't see is me laughing because my 3P was on O2.