• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

NavyIntel

NOR,

Thank you for your reply. So "assuming" since 18 of 18 are Identified for FY13 Intel (Now closed) and FY14 they are allowed to select up to 50% of current quotas, does that mean we are looking at 9 individuals for the FY14 Board? I wasn't sure if the 50% came from the 18 or a different number. I appreciate you clarifying that for me.

exNavyOffRec

NOR,

Thank you for your reply. So "assuming" since 18 of 18 are Identified for FY13 Intel (Now closed) and FY14 they are allowed to select up to 50% of current quotas, does that mean we are looking at 9 individuals for the FY14 Board? I wasn't sure if the 50% came from the 18 or a different number. I appreciate you clarifying that for me.

It is hard to say, the problem is IDC often goes and does odd things that end up screwing people, one board they went completely out of the parameters then people had to wait nearly 2 years to go to OCS, but yes essentially they should be looking at picking 9 and of those 5 should be technical degrees.

NavyIntel

That is what I figured sir, thank you. One more question... For board purposes, does an LOR or Interview Sheet hold more weight? The reason I am asking, I have an O-6 that has offered to help me with my package and said he would be willing to do either an interview or LOR. I worked for him from 2008-2011, so I am assuming an LOR would be best?

exNavyOffRec

That is what I figured sir, thank you. One more question... For board purposes, does an LOR or Interview Sheet hold more weight? The reason I am asking, I have an O-6 that has offered to help me with my package and said he would be willing to do either an interview or LOR. I worked for him from 2008-2011, so I am assuming an LOR would be best?

If you are still on Active Duty I would have him do the Interview Appraisal sheet, if you are out I would have him do a LOR

USAF_WX2USN

Well, I've been passed off to another recruiter and while I guess he has all my paperwork, I feel like I'm starting over. I was on leave for the Thanksgiving holiday and with Christmas/New Years coming up, time is running out and I haven't heard from them yet.

Any updates for the Feb IDC or March SWO board?

Is their still the requirement to get the medical portion done before the board? (That's my concern with all the holidays coming up)

exNavyOffRec

Well, I've been passed off to another recruiter and while I guess he has all my paperwork, I feel like I'm starting over. I was on leave for the Thanksgiving holiday and with Christmas/New Years coming up, time is running out and I haven't heard from them yet.

Any updates for the Feb IDC or March SWO board?

Is their still the requirement to get the medical portion done before the board? (That's my concern with all the holidays coming up)

You have a month to get everything in, but according to the latest info the March SWO board will require medical to be done.

Why were you passed off?

USAF_WX2USN

You have a month to get everything in, but according to the latest info the March SWO board will require medical to be done.

Why were you passed off?

The recruiter I was orginally working with was really only suppose to be a medical officer recruiter, but there was no one else in the office. So, once someone else was available that's where I went. Also, I think they were trying to divide recruiters up by regions of the state and since I was in the southern portion of the state I went with that recruiter.

What about medical for the IDC/SWO-options board? Since my package will meet that one first.

exNavyOffRec

The recruiter I was orginally working with was really only suppose to be a medical officer recruiter, but there was no one else in the office. So, once someone else was available that's where I went. Also, I think they were trying to divide recruiters up by regions of the state and since I was in the southern portion of the state I went with that recruiter.

What about medical for the IDC/SWO-options board? Since my package will meet that one first.

As far as I know medical is still only required for Pilot/NFO/SWO, but if you are submitting for SWO also medical will have to be done before the package is submitted, unless they change the rules again.

USAF_WX2USN

As far as I know medical is still only required for Pilot/NFO/SWO, but if you are submitting for SWO also medical will have to be done before the package is submitted, unless they change the rules again.

Ok. I'm assuming I need medical since I'm applying for SWO-options as well. Hopefully, I can get it done. Since I'm already AD, will I still have that waiting time to be cleared, like non-priors do?

exNavyOffRec

Ok. I'm assuming I need medical since I'm applying for SWO-options as well. Hopefully, I can get it done. Since I'm already AD, will I still have that waiting time to be cleared, like non-priors do?

nope, different boards, different requirements.

yes and no, you are "other service" so there will be other things to verify and work out, in actuality other service AD can be more to work out than a non prior, the non prior that have done medical and been cleared will more than likely go faster than other service applicants.

NavyIntel

A friend of mine is submitting his OCS package as a reservist for the IDC board. Do reservist fall into street or fleet applicants? Thank you!