• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

USAF_WX2USN

No, Don't assume anything. You need confirmation. Deadline for Febuary 4th 2013 IDC board is January 7th 2013. I would hag and hassle until I was giving confirmation that the paper was received and included into my package. At the end of the day, no one is going to look after you better than you can. Simply advice.

Yup, well said...

USAF_WX2USN

OCS Package submitted! Now I wait...

Awesome! I'm still waiting to do MEPS......I've been ready to submit everything for a while, but there have been some hangups outside of my control. I have a feeling that my package will be submitted at the last min :/

USAF_WX2USN

MEPS isn't a requirement for IDC... plus you're AD aren't you? It should be a different process I thought

One would think...but no, I'm having to do MEPS again and it will most likely be after Christmas. I'm really hoping everything gets done on time. I've work far too hard on this (almost 10 years since first made contact with a recruiter and deciding to go enlisted first). There have been a lot of inconsistencies in the application process with me. But, I'll do whatever the recruiter tells me to make this a reality.

I'm also applying for the SWO board in March that my packet will go to if I don't get picked up for OCEANO or SWO-OCEANO, which does require MEPS to be done, so perhaps that's why? I don't know.

nombrescreeno

That's a bit complicated.... the SWO board requires the PQ letter but IDC doesn't, so I wonder how they are going to handle situations like that where IDC occurs before a URL board but you end up submitting for both

USAF_WX2USN

That's a bit complicated.... the SWO board requires the PQ letter but IDC doesn't, so I wonder how they are going to handle situations like that where IDC occurs before a URL board but you end up submitting for both

What do you mean about how they will handle it? It's my understanding (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that I could essentially be Pro-req for the first board and then can choose to opt out of the 2nd board (which is what I would do)? I think someone here got pro-req for SWO, but they were also applying for Intel, but where going to finish the paperwork for SWO and not continue with the IDC board.

I'm sure my situation is already complicated enough by me being an AD applicant from a different branch. I already have my conditional release form signed off, a secruity clearance, and one would think I'm medically cleared, but just have to go through the motions again. Ultimately, my goal is to stay in weather, so if I get it off the bat, great! If I get just SWO, I'll apply for it in the fleet.

nombrescreeno

My concern was that NRC would see the IDC designators and the SWO designator and reject the app for not having the PQ letter... but the IDC designator board deadline is the 7th of January so my concern would be for those submitting for both boards but getting their IDC app rejected by NRC because they also put SWO or whatever on there that has a PQ requirement, but not having it included in the app

USAF_WX2USN

My concern was that NRC would see the IDC designators and the SWO designator and reject the app for not having the PQ letter... but the IDC designator board deadline is the 7th of January so my concern would be for those submitting for both boards but getting their IDC app rejected by NRC because they also put SWO or whatever on there that has a PQ requirement, but not having it included in the app

Gotcha. Makes sense. Yeah, I SHOULD be doing MEPS next week, which would then hopefully get me a PQ letter that I'll just turn in with the whole package.

exNavyOffRec

They see designator codes so there is no issue.

NavyIntel

What is the last day to submit an addendum to my package for the Feb 4th IDC board? I'm working on my EIDWS right now. Thank you