• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FEB AMDO, IW & SWO rolling boards

jakeflow

I have bro, I did a few through DAU. I am up to black belt AIRSpeed, Certified in Theory of Constraints (Navy sent me from Hawaii to Japan to get it) and I have been to Data Analyst and System Administrator school.

jetullis6

Been there done that
I have bro, I did a few through DAU. I am up to black belt AIRSpeed, Certified in Theory of Constraints (Navy sent me from Hawaii to Japan to get it) and I have been to Data Analyst and System Administrator school.
I did like 35 of them over 240 hours worth for PQM, SYS, QA ETC.. I did as many as I could until I had to go to school before I could do anymore. If you need any information let me know and I will help out as much as I can, I know it sucks this was my 3rd time. I also did ALOT of traveling to get my appraisals. I found four AMDO Captains and gave them the absolute best interviews I could give. I drove 6 hours for just one, don't give up!

jakeflow

I hear ya my man and I can't sit here and whine saying I should've gotten it and others didn't, that would be selfish and foolish. Please don't get me wrong, I am happy for you all and I'll get ready for next February. Best of luck to you bro, you earned your shot. Appreciate your help and tell AZ1 Phillips (if he's still there) that I said hello. Good ol John boy. What a good guy, we were in Whidbey together when he first came in.

khovermale

The info on this message board differs a little bit from what i saw on the OCS portal. On that board it said the selection board adjourned on FEB 18 with 7 selectees and a "handfull" on alternates. Is it possible that there were 4 AD selected and three others?

jetullis6

Been there done that
The info on this message board differs a little bit from what i saw on the OCS portal. On that board it said the selection board adjourned on FEB 18 with 7 selectees and a "handfull" on alternates. Is it possible that there were 4 AD selected and three others?
No there were a 4 total selected.

Anyone here anything about Alternates, from what the email from CDR HAAS and my COC said, it appears they cancelled the August board for 1520s in FY15, and the FY14 ALTS are FY15 selects. I wonder if the possibility of goin sooner still exists, or if it is just a matter of waiting for money.

"1520 Alternates not shipped to OCS during the current FY will be processed for shipping to OCS during the next FY. So your chances of shipping to OCS to start your career as a commissioned officer are still very high. If not shipped this FY, you will be processed to ship next FY."

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Anyone here anything about Alternates, from what the email from CDR HAAS and my COC said, it appears they cancelled the August board for 1520s in FY15, and the FY14 ALTS are FY15 selects. I wonder if the possibility of goin sooner still exists, or if it is just a matter of waiting for money.

"1520 Alternates not shipped to OCS during the current FY will be processed for shipping to OCS during the next FY. So your chances of shipping to OCS to start your career as a commissioned officer are still very high. If not shipped this FY, you will be processed to ship next FY."

NOPO Stated in another thread that as of right now there is no word of the fall AMDO board being cancelled.

exNavyOffRec

NOPO Stated in another thread that as of right now there is no word of the fall AMDO board being cancelled.

however since CDR Haas I do believe sits the board and knows the quotas and the fact that generally AMDO only has one per year the chances are good that there will only be one a year.

So, are the alternates going to have to potentially reapply if that board convenes? Like I mentioned earlier, the email from CDR Haas said ""1520 Alternates not shipped to OCS during the current FY will be processed for shipping to OCS during the next FY"

exNavyOffRec

So, are the alternates going to have to potentially reapply if that board convenes? Like I mentioned earlier, the email from CDR Haas said ""1520 Alternates not shipped to OCS during the current FY will be processed for shipping to OCS during the next FY"

Since AMDO is such a small community, I would go with what CDR Haas put out

exNavyOffRec

Skipper, XO, and OIC let me know today. Got my FS Letter and report date of 21SEP!!! Thanks everyone on Airwarriors for the good gouge and support!

I think your information answers the question on if the alternates were going to actually be FY15 selects, great for you but not so much for those that haven't gone to board.

orion6917

Skipper, XO, and OIC let me know today. Got my FS Letter and report date of 21SEP!!! Thanks everyone on Airwarriors for the good gouge and support!

My skipper called me today on my way back from maintenance control school today to inform me I got selected for OCS. My report date is 12Oct14. Thank you everyone!