• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FEB AMDO, IW & SWO rolling boards

DIVO

I spoke with the PM a month or two ago -- he said 10 slots and at that time the application numbers were the lowest he'd seen in a long time.

SailorMan80

I spoke with the PM a month or two ago -- he said 10 slots and at that time the application numbers were the lowest he'd seen in a long time.
That's good if the application numbers stay low and the quotas are higher than last year.

ad2valencia

I'm a civilian with prior service AD2(AW). The qualifications I had include plane captain(S-3, H-60), engine turn operator TF34, troubleshooter/final checker, 110/310 collateral duty inspector. Good luck to all applicants.

-31 male
-B.B.A. Finance, 3.75 GPA
-ASTB 4/5/3/45
-4 LOR's

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
A_Longo88,

I am an E-6 with the Blue Angels I have my safe for flight, work in Quality Assurance, and I am the ESO for the command. Most of my stats are listed below. A couple of things that were passed down to me by AMDO's, get the highest appraisals you can from from 1520's, don't get to wrapped up in your OAR scores they are there to get your foot in the door. What really matters are the things you are doing to further your self such as community service, what are you doing for your command to stand out, breakout EVALS, and SUSTAINED SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE. They only pick about 10 to 12 applicants out of roughly 80 every year, for instance last year they picked one civilian and all others were E-6 and above. I have spoke to CDR Haas who is the community manager and he said that the only boards they will be doing are in FEB once a year, they had one listed for AUG this past year and it was cancelled. If you need any information let me know.

Thanks for the info! I was actually planing to apply for the August board. Did CDR Haas say that it will be cancelled again this year for sure? If so, I may plan to apply for another designator. Some info about me:

Active AS1(AW/SW)
TIS: 7.5 years
GPA: 3.66 BS in Computing Technology (2 classes remaining) grad in April.
AWARDS: NAMx3, GCMx2, Multiple LOCs and LOAs, 2012 SOY, SOQ
OAR: 51
Evals: EP #1 of 16 (closeout), EP #1 of 147, EP #5 of 146, P(FNG)
I will be completing my interviews with three senior 1520s (O-5) and will have LORs from one CWO5 and 2 CAPTs. I am also Green Belt Certified and will have my Production control qual which is the equivalent to SFF on the "I" level side. All outstanding PFAs.

Not sure how much it will help me but I was also a two year STA-21 alternate selectee.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the info! I was actually planing to apply for the August board. Did CDR Haas say that it will be cancelled again this year for sure? If so, I may plan to apply for another designator. Some info about me:

Active AS1(AW/SW)
I will be completing my interviews with three senior 1520s (O-5) and will have LORs from one CWO5 and 2 CAPTs. I am also Green Belt Certified and will have my Production control qual which is the equivalent to SFF on the "I" level side. All outstanding PFAs.

Not sure how much it will help me but I was also a two year STA-21 alternate selectee.

In general it seems AMDO really only has one board per year.

You have good stats and from the info put out in the past it looks like you would be a good fit for AMDO, that being said if your goal is to be a USN officer apply for what you are still age eligible for.

STA-21 alternate has no bearing, they look for the best qualified applications at that board.

azguy

None

Active AS1(AW/SW)

Wow great stats. What's your TIG? Have you made CPO board? Do you have an LDO package in? Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be wearing khakis in no time.

jetullis6

Been there done that

Active AS1(AW/SW)

As everyone said great stats... AMDO is such a small community that I have been told that they only need to do one board a year. Compared to a say 633X for LDO they pick up 36 and AMDO consistently only select 10-12 every year. I see that they picked up I think 2 AS1's last year for AMDO program. However if it is AMDO that you really want then get your interviews and maybe they will hold a board in AUG. I did the same and the board was cancelled so I had to get all new interviews again for this FEB board. They do not want your interviews and LOR's more than 6 months old. I had a few officers tell me to put in for supply and other designators, but I didn't want to be in a community that I didn't want just to be an officer; that wouldn't be good for me, my family or the Navy.

NellyAD2

I am super excited to get the results of this ear AMDO board. Good luck to everybody.

stats:
AMDO
Feb '14 Board
GPA 3.89 Education
Active for 4.5 years
EVALS: EP , EP , MP (new guy)
ASTB 6/7/7 OAR 63
Appraisals 3 (2 x O-5's, 1520), (1 x o-4, 1520)
LOR's 1 (O-6)

jetullis6

Been there done that
I am super excited to get the results of this ear AMDO board. Good luck to everybody.

stats:
AMDO
Feb '14 Board
GPA 3.89 Education
Active for 4.5 years
EVALS: EP , EP , MP (new guy)
ASTB 6/7/7 OAR 63
Appraisals 3 (2 x O-5's, 1520), (1 x o-4, 1520)
LOR's 1 (O-6)
30 days and counting!

jetullis6

Been there done that
I know they had exactly 80 applicants last year.... They posted that on the AMDO board when last years results came out.

jetullis6

Been there done that
That's pretty good if you take into consideration I made 1st class when it was 3.9%! If I don't get selected I will make my package better for next time.