• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

fed response to Katrina faster than usual

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
wink said:
I'm happy to read a critique on the Kelly piece. Keep in mind that Media Matters is a left leaning Bush bashing organization.
Oh, definitely. They are not a fan of the Bush administration. Still, some balance is nice.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
squorch2 said:
Oh, definitely. They are not a fan of the Bush administration. Still, some balance is nice.
I'd like to see some balance. All I am seeing is a see saw at high speed. If we could harness the media spin we wouldn't need gas for our cars.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Wtf?!

BOMBSonHAWKEYES said:
Nfo2b, you might want to rethink about joining the armed forces if you feel so strongly against the office of the president.
What does that have to do with ANYTHING?! Did anyone in this forum join the military because they wanted to support a specific president? How many of us joined in the Clinton years?

I serve because I love this country, not its presidents (past present and future). If disagreeing with the decisions of the president was related to your proclivity to serve, I think half of us would be living in Canada. I readily do what the president says, but that doesn't mean I always agree with him.

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
UInavy said:
Not sure he's exactly 'against the Office of the President'. I think he'd just like the President to take a stronger stand against critics with weak arguments...
Bingo.

nfo2b

BOMBSonHAWKEYES said:
Nfo2b, you might want to rethink about joining the armed forces if you feel so strongly against the office of the president.
Yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe I shouldn't join the Navy... :confused:

DCLegal

Rhino Pilot Wife
UInavy said:
Not sure he's exactly 'against the Office of the President'. I think he'd just like the President to take a stronger stand against critics with weak arguments...
nfo2b said:

Agreed. I wish the President had not conceded and took responsibility, but held his ground.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
DCLegal said:
Agreed. I wish the President had not conceded and took responsibility, but held his ground.

Ya... because when you're in charge and sh-t goes wrong on your watch, you should pass the buck. It's the American way.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
squeeze said:
Ya... because when you're in charge and sh-t goes wrong on your watch, you should pass the buck. It's the American way.

I love how people attack the President for not taking responsibility and now they are doing it because he did...sigh

DCLegal

Rhino Pilot Wife
squeeze said:

I am not saying he should pass the buck. But I think it is entirely way too soon for anyone to admit responsibility, especially the President. I think everyone really needs to fully understand the situation, what really happened, and what went wrong before we start blaming anyone or taking responsibility for screwing up. There are too many unanswered questions to start accepting or tossing blame.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
DCLegal said:
I am not saying he should pass the buck. But I think it is entirely way too soon for anyone to admit responsibility, especially the President. I think everyone really needs to fully understand the situation, what really happened, and what went wrong before we start blaming anyone or taking responsibility for screwing up. There are too many unanswered questions to start accepting or tossing blame.

Ultimately it is his responsibility either way, and in essence thats all he did...

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
jamnww said:
I love how people attack the President for not taking responsibility and now they are doing it because he did...sigh
Hell no! I sure wish that we had more of this in leaders of all types. Saying "hey - I was in charge when this fvckup happened, and I'll take steps to ensure it won't happen again" go a long way in instilling confidence in leaders.

("this fvckup" is a general fvckup, and doesn't refer to any specific fvckups of past or present.)

nfo2b

squorch2 said:
Hell no! I sure wish that we had more of this in leaders of all types. Saying "hey - I was in charge when this fvckup happened, and I'll take steps to ensure it won't happen again" go a long way in instilling confidence in leaders.

("this fvckup" is a general fvckup, and doesn't refer to any specific fvckups of past or present.)
This, and other posts above yours, indicate a gross misconception of what has happened. In essence, there was no f*ckup. The article that started this thread is 100% true, and if you do your homework, you'll see that there's alot of evidence that bears this out. Basically (and I'm grossly oversimplifying here, you can do your own homework on this), our Emergency Services, NG, et. al. reacted quickly, and responded appropriately about as quickly as practically possible. The only real "f*ckups" were by the Mayor (didn't provide enough material support to aide in the preemptive evacuation of NO) and the Governor, who delayed her requests for extra assistance due to confusion and lack of information.

But that's not even what I was really getting at with my comments about Pres. Bush. My point was not that he "conceded and took responsibility," but that his concessions to the media propaganda (i.e. he conceded it as being true, when in fact, it was not) showed a certain level of weakness. He simply does not stand up for himself, his policies, and the principles upon which his party is supposed to represent. And it's not the first time. The whole War in Iraq issue is another one (which I'd be happy to discuss in another thread, but not this one, as it's not germane to the original topic).

So I'm not faulting him for taking responsibility, I'm faulting him for admitting responsibility for mistakes that simply haven't been made.

beau

When asked if reaction would have been quicker if most of the stranded hurricane victims where white/wealthy vs Black/poor...over 70% of Blacks said yes! This is a true underlying problem with Race relations in this country! :eek: I cant truely believe that people think like that....people are people are people...this nation is way to rapped up in Race!

http://www.pollingreport.com/