• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Sache

I was pro Y for the SWO board as wells and I'm waiting for IDC results. We don't have to decide until we hear from IDC. I just hope we hear soon so we get in the pipeline for final select

Lol someone in the same boat as me...hopefully within a week, sister! :D

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Pretty sure the craziest thing they'll do in their Navy careers is the chow hall procedures.

"DOOR BODIES OFF THE REAR!"
"DOOR BODIES OFF THE REAR, AYE AYE, SECTION LEADER! AYE AYE, SECTION LEADER! COCK, DRIVE, STEP, TOGETHER, COCK, DRIVE, STEP!"

brogdawg32

Pretty sure the craziest thing they'll do in their Navy careers is the chow hall procedures.

"DOOR BODIES OFF THE REAR!"
"DOOR BODIES OFF THE REAR, AYE AYE, SECTION LEADER! AYE AYE, SECTION LEADER! COCK, DRIVE, STEP, TOGETHER, COCK, DRIVE, STEP!"
Que?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's less the flying planes off boats and more the landing planes on boats that's crazy. ;)
True that; on the cat shot, you're a passenger; on a day landing, you're an expert aviator... a night landing, you're a white-knuckled wizard!:eek:
BzB

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
It's what is said just before going into the chow hall, when the platoon is outside the door. Section leader says the first quote, rest of the platoon says the first part of the second quote, and the two door bodies say the rest of the quote (they say "aye aye section leader" twice). Then they say their ditties for a right face (cock-drive), one step forward (step-together), left face (cock-drive), and walk up to check that the chow hall deck is all clear.
And to answer the unasked question, yes, it's quite sad that I remember all these procedures a full year after the fact. But then again, I was one of the people charged with helping to teach the rest of my class all this stuff. Such is the burden of H-class.