• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I think the 31ers will get their's tomorrow, pure guess. Anyone know the process after the FINSEL arrives? Do we swear in then do a ton of paperwork or the other way around?

Sache

I'm assuming the SWO for the Feb/March boards got FSEL letters?

Is there a time period your PRO-Y will hold for? I'm still waiting on Intel results? :eek:

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)

Is there a time period your PRO-Y will hold for? I'm still waiting on Intel results? :eek:
From looking at other threads, it looks like the results from the May IDC board haven't been released yet. Per National OPO's post on his thread, they're going to be sending out FINSELs for folks selected this past Spring "soon." No reason to be worried yet, just keep on waiting with the rest of us. It might not hurt to shoot your OR an email reminding him/her that you're still alive, but odds are that your FINSEL simply isn't ready to go yet.

Edited to add: Given that you haven't been considered for all the designators you listed on your application, I don't think you're even in the queue to get a FINSEL until that happens. I don't think there's an "expiration date" on Pro-Y status.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
I think the 31ers will get their's tomorrow, pure guess. Anyone know the process after the FINSEL arrives? Do we swear in then do a ton of paperwork or the other way around?

Pretty sure we do both at the same time, but it's mainly signing documents so we don't have to dig through old records. Maybe a Pre-OCS PRT.

Connie

I was pro Y for the SWO board as wells and I'm waiting for IDC results. We don't have to decide until we hear from IDC. I just hope we hear soon so we get in the pipeline for final select

avid

Pro Rec Y SNA
Given that you haven't been considered for all the designators you listed on your application, I don't think you're even in the queue to get a FINSEL until that happens. I don't think there's an "expiration date" on Pro-Y status.

I don't think this is necessarily true, at least not for aviation. I was concerned about the same thing, so I called over to Millington. I applied Pilot/NFO/SWO and was told that since I got selected for Pilot, and it was my first choice, that I won't even be on the SWO board, therefore not have to wait for it to convene. Perhaps things are different for other communities.

TylerAV8

My recruiter originally thought I would be in the 10Aug OCS class but this is my official date,
"28 August 2014 Officer Candidate School (OCS) class in Newport, Rhode Island." I'll be sworn in next Monday by my father.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
I don't think this is necessarily true, at least not for aviation. I was concerned about the same thing, so I called over to Millington. I applied Pilot/NFO/SWO and was told that since I got selected for Pilot, and it was my first choice, that I won't even be on the SWO board, therefore not have to wait for it to convene. Perhaps things are different for other communities.
Yeah, that's certainly true: if you get picked up for your top choice, then that's what you get. I was interpreting from Sache's signature that his preference order was Intel, SWO, IW, in that order, which means he'd have to wait for the IDC board before getting a FINSEL.

brogdawg32

Can anyone swear you in? One of my mentors/basically my Grandpa is retired O-6 USAF, would love to have him do it

jander12

pilot
Yeah, that's certainly true: if you get picked up for your top choice, then that's what you get. I was interpreting from Sache's signature that his preference order was Intel, SWO, IW, in that order, which means he'd have to wait for the IDC board before getting a FINSEL.
If he wants to. You're allowed to "stop the process" as soon as you get a pro-rec if you let your OR know you want to accept something that's not your 1st choice. They'll usually ask for this in writing. My example, I was pro-rec IW (4th choice) before SNA (1st choice) - my OR said if I accepted the pro-rec before the SNA/NFO board, then my package would not go to said board. I waited, which is allowed. Conversely, if the SNA/NFO board convened first and I was pro-rec'd, my package would not go to additional boards.

Edit: @Fronch is correct given this scenario - just reiterating information for others with questions following the thread

Last edited:

Larick

None
Contributor
I don't think there's an "expiration date" on Pro-Y status.

My recruiter told me, based on my situation, that I could lose my ProRec status if I was not physically qualified in time. Thankfully, I got Pq'ed two days ago. :D

jander12

pilot
Can anyone swear you in? One of my mentors/basically my Grandpa is retired O-6 USAF, would love to have him do it
My guess, based on the below quotes, is yes (below quotes reference actual family, but I don't see why that would change anything).

Is the relative a retired officer? the status of the relative might help.
Yes my father is a retired 0-6
no issues, you just need to make sure your processor has all his info for the paperwork.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
My recruiter told me, based on my situation, that I could lose my ProRec status if I was not physically qualified in time. Thankfully, I got Pq'ed two days ago. :D
What does it mean to "get PQ'd"? My recruiter hasn't said anything about this to me.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
If he wants to. You're allowed to "stop the process" as soon as you get a pro-rec if you let your OR know you want to accept something that's not your 1st choice. They'll usually ask for this in writing. My example, I was pro-rec IW (4th choice) before SNA (1st choice) - my OR said if I accepted the pro-rec before the SNA/NFO board, then my package would not go to said board. I waited, which is allowed. Conversely, if the SNA/NFO board convened first and I was pro-rec'd, my package would not go to additional boards.

Edit: @Fronch is correct given this scenario - just reiterating information for others with questions following the thread
Thanks for the clarification, all my preferences were for IDC, so I didn't have to worry about waiting for multiple boards.