• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First Test Model F-35 Delivered!

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
I heard a rumor that the F-35 was slower than an F-18C and made w/o a gun...any truth to this?

F-18C with the EPE motors (newer,better) puts out 36k of thrust in full blower, both motors combined. So 40k in blower with one engine, less drag, and probably lighter a/c, there is no way its slower than the F-18C. Wonder what the thrust-to-weight is....

Whalebite

You would have thought that they learned their lesson about not having an internal cannon. Anyway I dont know what you all are talking about, the F35 is a sexy b1tch

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Whalebite said:
You would have thought that they learned their lesson about not having an internal cannon. Anyway I dont know what you all are talking about, the F35 is a sexy b1tch

Its supposed to be a "missionized cannon." Im guessing (read: I'm freakin' guessin') that once air superiority has been attained you can take off that heavy cannon, and add another Small Diameter Bomb, so you can acommplish the real mission of power projection.

Whalebite Im in total agreeance with you, the F-35 is tits-mcgee, but then again (at the risk of being ostracized) I never really thought the F-14 was all that hot, I spent a good portion of my life in Lemoore and the F/A-18A-G were my inspiration.

I'd fly a trashcan with a sonbuoy and 'winders if they let me.

batman527

Banned
Has anyone heard of a cool nickname for the F-35? "JSF" is so damn sterile. I don't know if the (extremely) higher-ups would listen, but I've got a few suggestions...

1) Liger (it's pretty much my favorite animal. It's bred for it's skills and magic)
2) Sir Phobos, Beater of Ass
3) Donkey Puncher

Just my two cents...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DanielSon said:
Has anyone heard of a cool nickname for the F-35? "JSF" is so damn sterile. I don't know if the (extremely) higher-ups would listen, but I've got a few suggestions...

1) Liger (it's pretty much my favorite animal. It's bred for it's skills and magic)
3) Donkey Puncher

Just my two cents...
How about "Growler?"

Brett

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
DanielSon said:

3) Donkey Puncher

Just my two cents...

Two words for you: "Rep Points." Freaking hilarious. :icon_lol:

Lawman

None
DanielSon said:

Brilliant! It will be perfect for when the leadership declares "Martian Law."

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Brett327 said:
How about "Growler?"

Brett

Everytime I see that word now I have this image of a jet flinging poop at something.

Maybe they should just hold a raffle for the names of all these new planes, plus there will be a benefit of offsetting costs from the proceeds, or have a 4th grade writing contest, we all know the hilarity that will ensue.

And the last possibility, how about the FNG.

batman527

Banned
Brett327 said:
How about "Growler?"

Brett

I actually kind of like it. We'll add it to this list, along with:

5) The Death Star
6) The Bone Sabre of Zumachalis
7) The Pillow

anyone catch the Aqua Teen Hunger Force reference?

*edit* Good luck getting casual sex with a name like FNG. No, I mean, cause you won't get ANY. ;)

Lawman

None
DanielSon said:
I actually kind of like it. We'll add it to this list, along with:

5) The Death Star
6) The Bone Sabre of Zumachalis
7) The Pillow

anyone catch the Aqua Teen Hunger Force reference?

*edit* Good luck getting casual sex with a name like FNG. No, I mean, cause you won't get ANY. ;)

We have succesfully traveled across eons of both space and time! Using the Fargate! To get free Cable!

batman527

Banned
Lawman said:
We have succesfully traveled across eons of both space and time! Using the Fargate! To get free Cable!

Do you have any mini pizzas or corn flavored chips? I'm fricken starving over here!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
MIDNJAC said:
hmmm....how would it be the first "test airplane" if they have already flown all 3 variants? Could this be the first aircraft being dedicated to operational testing (maybe thats what was meant by the other post)? If so, won't the production aircraft be right behind them? I know there are some folks here who have been in VX squadrons....how does this all work?

The earlier models were just proof of flight test models. Basically a flying plane. Not missionized or outfitted with any Gucci electronics, etc.

The actual hulk of the flight test VSTOl JSF flown by Tom Morgenfeld is at the Udar Hazy Air and Space Musuem (Dulles Airport).

r/
G

batman527

Banned
"Musketeer" reminds me of and aweful movie starring Chris O'Donell and Kiefer Sutherland... I mean Jack Bauer. That's what it should be called! The F-35 Jack Bauer!!!! On the bombs you write "WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR!!!"

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I think I like "Donkey Puncher." Has a nice, aggressive ring to it. Maybe the "Cleveland Steamer"?