• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First Test Model F-35 Delivered!

batman527

Banned
metro said:
I think I like "Donkey Puncher." Has a nice, aggressive ring to it. Maybe the "Cleveland Steamer"?

Not bad. Much better than my latest idea... "Rusty Trombone".

I think I'm sold on Donkey Puncher though. Think about watching the military channel and Wings At War. You get the guy with the snobby accent saying things like, "the F-35 Donkey Puncher can sneak up upon it's target. One moment everything will be going fine for a column of tanks, then suddenly they're pummelled from behind with the type of sneak attack that gives the "Donkey Puncher" it's namesake. Surely this shall be an experience that the F-35's prey will never forget. The ability to plunge headlong enexpectedly deep into foreign territory is what makes the Donkey Puncher such a wonderful strategic platform."

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Shocker!

DanielSon said:
Not bad. Much better than my latest idea... "Rusty Trombone".

I think I'm sold on Donkey Puncher though. Think about watching the military channel and Wings At War. You get the guy with the snobby accent saying things like, ..."

Which is exactly why Brett wants the Superhornet named the Shocker. Man that would come out great "The improved F/A-18 'Shocker' is known to for sneak attacks through the naval aviation strategy of attack from the front and the rear."

O the possibilities. :D

batman527

Banned
DanMav1156 said:
Which is exactly why Brett wants the Superhornet named the Shocker. Man that would come out great "The improved F/A-18 'Shocker' is known to for sneak attacks through the naval aviation strategy of attack from the front and the rear."

O the possibilities. :D

"Shockers patrol in flights of three. When an enemy is encountered, two of the three work together, taking on the threat head on. The third quietly disengages and circles around for a suprize entry into the fray from behind."

Pags

N/A
pilot
DanielSon said:
Has anyone heard of a cool nickname for the F-35? "JSF" is so damn sterile. I don't know if the (extremely) higher-ups would listen, but I've got a few suggestions...

1) Liger (it's pretty much my favorite animal. It's bred for it's skills and magic)
2) Sir Phobos, Beater of Ass
3) Donkey Puncher

Just my two cents...
Last I heard it's official name is the "musketeer"

oops: dupe

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Pags said:
Last I heard it's official name is the "musketeer"

Mustketeer ... ??? Not exactly a "tiger" sounding name. Musketeers .... weren't they somewhat ... light in the flight boots ???

....... And "French"??

("Three" Musketeers ... now where's their muskets and how 'cum there's four ???)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DanielSon said:
"Shockers patrol in flights of three. When an enemy is encountered, two of the three work together, taking on the threat head on. The third quietly disengages and circles around for a suprize entry into the fray from behind."
You certainly do have a vivid imagination.

Brett

Lawman

None
A4sForever said:
Mustketeer ... ??? Not exactly a "tiger" sounding name. Musketeers .... weren't they somewhat ... light in the flight boots ???

....... And "French"??

("Three" Musketeers ... now where's their muskets and how 'cum there's four ???)

Hey, Dumas did all he could to make the french look cool. You can only shine a turd so much, its not gonna change color or anything.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
metro said:
I also like the F-35 "Angry Dragon."

Or the "Angry Pirate"

But seriously when is the IOC, I've heard everything from 2008 (which is way off) to 2013 (from Naval Aviation Vision 2020) anybody in the know, about stuff like that? (ADM. Boorda, are you here sir?)

And the FRS: Where will it be at? Will it be Joint? Are we looking at an all new NASAFMCAS STEALTH TOWN, USA?

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
eddie said:
Kind of a weak musketeer that doesn't always come stock with a gun!
Geez people lay off the guns, Tomcats and Hornets dont come stock with Sidewinders! The principle is the same, on, off when you need it.

batman527

Banned
raptor10 said:
Geez people lay off the guns, Tomcats and Hornets dont come stock with Sidewinders! The principle is the same, on, off when you need it.

I don't think Jack Bauer touched a gun in that movie either... However he did touch a fine looking lady, who later tried to kill him. whatever, I'm getting lost in the details.

*edit* This quote is also relevant to my post here. So you can follow my train of thought. Raptor, thanks for the worthless rep points, bro. ;)
eddie said:
Kind of a weak musketeer that doesn't always come stock with a gun!

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
A4sForever said:

....... And "French"??

While I don't think the F-35 Musketeer Sounds so hot... the book made those Frenchies look badass... those were back in the days when France came over here to kick the Brit's ass.

But then everything changed. England got cool... and France is... well... France.

Speaking of the Brits, I doubt they are very warm to the name "Musketeer."