• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

taxi1

pilot
Penn State will make the B10 proud today, even without a bunch of our star players who are skipping the game to save their bodies for the draft. Which…sigh. But I get it.

Ozarky

pilot
Man I saw that Arkansas graphic yesterday and was wondering what the hell they were getting at? Glad to know it was directed in jest at y’all’s post.

Y’all really do have a solid ball team, I was a bit worried going into the game. Thankfully we were able to turn on the jets in the second half!

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
From the - frustrated - Washington Post today.

Another Alabama-Georgia showdown brings with it more fretting about college football domination​

Of the 14 finalist slots since then (Jan 2015 championship game), 13 have gone to teams from the Southeast, including nine to the SEC (with the other four to Clemson). Of the 20 wins available in College Football Playoff games since then, 19 have gone to teams from the Southeast and 13 to the SEC (with the other six to Clemson). Of the seven national titles available since then and through this coming Jan. 10, all will have gone to teams from the Southeast, five to the SEC (with the other two to Clemson).

How long might the dance persist, the one where the Southeast plays football better than all the other regions, the fans crow about it, the pundits note it, the fans from other regions seethe over it and then the Southeast plays football better than all the other regions?

Without Treetop, I’m having to pull double duty on trumpeting SEC football. Fortunately, its a fun task…

taxi1

pilot
Nobody wants to play in the snow, and the northern schools are fighting with ice hockey for the best athletes.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
From the - frustrated - Washington Post today.

Another Alabama-Georgia showdown brings with it more fretting about college football domination​

Of the 14 finalist slots since then (Jan 2015 championship game), 13 have gone to teams from the Southeast, including nine to the SEC (with the other four to Clemson). Of the 20 wins available in College Football Playoff games since then, 19 have gone to teams from the Southeast and 13 to the SEC (with the other six to Clemson). Of the seven national titles available since then and through this coming Jan. 10, all will have gone to teams from the Southeast, five to the SEC (with the other two to Clemson).

How long might the dance persist, the one where the Southeast plays football better than all the other regions, the fans crow about it, the pundits note it, the fans from other regions seethe over it and then the Southeast plays football better than all the other regions?

Without Treetop, I’m having to pull double duty on trumpeting SEC football. Fortunately, its a fun task…

It will turn. The “great sorting” isn’t over yet but more importantly I think a full playoff will make for a broader spread in champions.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Bulldogs (Georgia, not Yale) for the win! I hear Alabama plans on appealing to SCOTUS.

It took until the forth quarter to make it worth the watch, but the last five minutes or so were exciting.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Glad to see Georgia break through for the big win. Since the start of the BCS in 1998, from the SEC we have Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee winning the national championship (you can add soon to be member Texas if you like.). Within the Southeastern Conference’s footprint, Florida State and Clemson have won championships as well.

Big predictions for the upcoming decade: Coach Prime takes over Florida State and returns the Seminoles to prominence while Lincoln Riley builds a colossus at Southern California and becomes the team to break the SEC’s run of national titles.

Until then:

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
I hear the Super Bowl is Sunday, more importantly it is 206 days until Week 1 of college football season and the march to the national championship (aka, the SEC championship game.).

Week 1 brings us the defending national champion Georgia Bulldogs vs the Oregon Ducks: a preview can be seen below.

Without Treetop here at the moment, your friendly SEC reminder: South On Ya.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
I hear the Super Bowl is Sunday, more importantly it is 206 days until Week 1 of college football season and the march to the national championship (aka, the SEC championship game.).

Week 1 brings us the defending national champion Georgia Bulldogs vs the Oregon Ducks: a preview can be seen below.

Without Treetop here at the moment, your friendly SEC reminder: South On Ya.

Will USC upset the cotton cart with a little west coast magic?

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Not this year, but ultimately they will be the biggest threat to Southern football hegemony.
I wonder how the previously rattled Spencer Rattler will do at South Carolina? I am not expecting too much from my beloved OU…too many holes left by the coach’s departure and some heavy building to do.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
OU got killed with the transfer portal - college football started something it will regret.

Considering the comfort / confidence factor of being back with Coach Beamer plus the Sooner tight end transferring as well, I think Spencer is going to do very well.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
And as a reminder, 177 days until the first big weekend of college football - and the eventual march of the SEC to the national championship- again.