• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

French unrest

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
No kidding eh? Not like the first time this has happened. Interesting to see how things turn out.

CNN Report

"Riots, arson take new turn, spreads across country"

"The spreading violence has shocked national leaders and community residents into action as the French prime minister held special meetings Saturday..."

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
Damn. They burned a hell of a lot of cars. That is just stupidity to burn your own neighborhood. Two schools, a post office, a shopping center, a child care center, and a cultural center burned? That just makes no sense. It is amazing that they have not been able to control this yet and it has already been ten days. All because two kids were trespassing and ended up killing themselves. Amazing.
Yeah, that is totally ridiculous. At least in this country, the ethnic/racial minorities never riot or burn down their own neghborhoods. I wonder what Reginald Denny's thoughts are on this issue.

Burn, baby, burn,

Brett

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
I'm just curious how long it'll take for the French to surrender this time around.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, that is totally ridiculous. At least in this country, the ethnic/racial minorities never riot or burn down their own neghborhoods. I wonder what Reginald Denny's thoughts are on this issue.

Burn, baby, burn,

Brett

Yup... this is nothing more than LA 2.0 (or Watts..)
Same circumstances, same result.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Muslim leaders in France issued a fatwa against rioting.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
seems like a lot of Muslims don't actually READ the Koran, more that they look for the cool passages - kinda like when a 15 year old kid reads a romance novel and skips from sex scene to sex scene.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
^ What the hell kind of 15 year old kid reads a romance novel?

I hope I'm not the only one who loves the fact that the Muslims who the French all seemed to love are now rioting and burning their country down.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It isn't just that it is happening, and what precipitated it. The burning (pun intended) issue is why it is taking the French over 10 days to put a stop to it. Oh ya, French.

zuggerat

do we really care about them?
FranceHeathered2.jpg

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
Over ten day's of rioting in France and they still haven't blamed the Bush administration for it?? Must be some kind of new record, something the French don't blame on the United States.

ip568

None
This "unrest" is being called the beginning of the Islamic revolt in Europe. That the French -- who blocked us at every turn in fighting the War in Iraq and called the Muslim terrorists "freedom fighters" -- are being burned is a delicious slice of poetic justice.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
^ What the hell kind of 15 year old kid reads a romance novel?

I know a couple girls who read romance novels when they were 15(some still do). But they were pretty ugly and fat and annoying:scared_12 , and not exactly what most of the guys at my school are looking for. . . at least not when there are plenty of hot Latinas around.:D