• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

French unrest

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
1) You're an idiot of the highest order

2) The rioters being Muslim have about as much bearing on the situation in France as the fact that the majority of rioters in LA were Christian. This is not a religious struggle... it's a class struggle. Maybe if you bothered to learn the backstory or got your news somewhere besides freerepublic.com you'd know that.

3) Just stop f_cking posting already... you really have no clue, do you? I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt earlier and gave you some guidance via PMs, but obviously I have failed. I will now cut my losses and ridicule you.
Concur w/ all. Let the ridiculous begin.:D

Brett

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
Okay, considering Algeria and other such fun times, do the French have a little leeway in ethnic (not religious) discrimination? Just a question for the discussion. In this case, a small country like France could be destroyed from the inside out should too many of its sworn enemies decide to move there, whereas in the US, the Korean shopkeepers usually take care of uprisings.
I'm not concerned about living next door to a large Islamic population; in this country; it's easy to be neighbors with people when you know where they stand.
Personally, like I don't care if my neighbors are Islamic or Christian or Buddhist or Zoroastrian, so long as they don't seek to impose religious law on me. If someone supports the Iraq insurgency, chances are they're too docile to blow up their neighbor's house, or the family gets in the way...if this trend ever changes, then I'll be concerned. I have enough of a hard time with people of my own faith suggesting i'm going to hell without worrying about some other ethnic group disliking me.
Now try this as a French citizen, and it's a lot harder; for one, most French citizens (stereotypes aside) probably don't own guns. That's policy, not the mark of a weak people...you have to remember, these guys thought up the Resistance and the Legion Etrangere, regardless of the idiocy of their politicians.

Lawman

None
LA Riots in the early 90s. Korean store owners defended their property with guns, shooting looters and rioters. Legally (most of the time anyway).

You'll find that many a time the only differnce between somebody legally defending their livelyhood, property, and self and just killing a guy is based soley in the mind of the District Attorney for the district.

Would anyone else just love to see the UN offer to send peace keeping troops over to France in order to establish peace?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Would anyone else just love to see the UN offer to send peace keeping troops over to France in order to establish peace?

Problem is as soon as the UN troops were challenged they'd simply surrender, or run away.

romey77

Okay, considering Algeria and other such fun times, do the French have a little leeway in ethnic (not religious) discrimination? Just a question for the discussion. In this case, a small country like France could be destroyed from the inside out should too many of its sworn enemies decide to move there, whereas in the US, the Korean shopkeepers usually take care of uprisings.
I'm not concerned about living next door to a large Islamic population; in this country; it's easy to be neighbors with people when you know where they stand.
Personally, like I don't care if my neighbors are Islamic or Christian or Buddhist or Zoroastrian, so long as they don't seek to impose religious law on me. If someone supports the Iraq insurgency, chances are they're too docile to blow up their neighbor's house, or the family gets in the way...if this trend ever changes, then I'll be concerned. I have enough of a hard time with people of my own faith suggesting i'm going to hell without worrying about some other ethnic group disliking me.
Now try this as a French citizen, and it's a lot harder; for one, most French citizens (stereotypes aside) probably don't own guns. That's policy, not the mark of a weak people...you have to remember, these guys thought up the Resistance and the Legion Etrangere, regardless of the idiocy of their politicians.

That's one of the most lucid and funny posts yet. The part about the Korean shopkeepers topped it. :D

NavyOCS

Recieved this email earlier today...about pissed my pants with laughter

Subject: President Bush May Send Up To 5 Special Forces soldiers For French
Assistance

President Bush has authorized the Joint Chiefs to begin drawing up a
battle plan to pull France's ass out of the fire again. Facing an
apparent overwhelming force of up to 400 pissed off teenagers Mr. Bush
doubts France's ability to hold off the little pissants. "Hell, if the
last two world wars are any indication, I would expect France to
surrender any day now", said Bush. Joint Chiefs head, Gen. Peter Pace,
warned the President that it might be necessary to send up to 5 SF Soldiers
to get things under control. The general admitted that 5 soldiers may be
overkill but he wanted to get this thing under control within 24 hours
of arriving on scene. He stated he was having a hard time finding even
one Special Forces Soldier to help those ungrateful bastards out for a third
time but
thought that he could persuade a few women in the 82nd to do the job before
they went on pregnancy leave.

President Bush asked Gen. Pace to get our soldiers out of there as soon
as possible after order was restored. He also reminded Gen. Pace to make
sure the soldiers did not take soap, razors, or deodorant with them. The
least they stand out the better.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
If we still had -111s we could always help out by running a strike, but I'm not sure we could get overflight permission this time either...

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Recieved this email earlier today...about pissed my pants with laughter

Subject: President Bush May Send Up To 5 Special Forces soldiers For French
Assistance

President Bush has authorized the Joint Chiefs to begin drawing up a
battle plan to pull France's ass out of the fire again. Facing an
apparent overwhelming force of up to 400 pissed off teenagers Mr. Bush
doubts France's ability to hold off the little pissants. "Hell, if the
last two world wars are any indication, I would expect France to
surrender any day now", said Bush. Joint Chiefs head, Gen. Peter Pace,
warned the President that it might be necessary to send up to 5 SF Soldiers
to get things under control. The general admitted that 5 soldiers may be
overkill but he wanted to get this thing under control within 24 hours
of arriving on scene. He stated he was having a hard time finding even
one Special Forces Soldier to help those ungrateful bastards out for a third
time but
thought that he could persuade a few women in the 82nd to do the job before
they went on pregnancy leave.

President Bush asked Gen. Pace to get our soldiers out of there as soon
as possible after order was restored. He also reminded Gen. Pace to make
sure the soldiers did not take soap, razors, or deodorant with them. The
least they stand out the better.

Got the same one only instead of SF it was Marines... good humor.

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
Holy crap, i finally read the entire article (before i just read the funny parts about the rioting). I didn't realize that this whole unrest started when two dumbasses were electrocuted climbing an electric fence RUNNING FROM THE COPS! At least with the Rodney King thing those protesting could say Rodney King was beat down by the man (lets not argue this point, just using it as an example) but these morons did this to themselves! And somehow this is the French governments fault?

Not that i have any sympathy for the french mind you.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Holy crap, i finally read the entire article (before i just read the funny parts about the rioting). I didn't realize that this whole unrest started when two dumbasses were electrocuted climbing an electric fence RUNNING FROM THE COPS! At least with the Rodney King thing those protesting could say Rodney King was beat down by the man (lets not argue this point, just using it as an example) but these morons did this to themselves! And somehow this is the French governments fault?

Not that i have any sympathy for the french mind you.

Best part is they only declared a state of emergency the other day. What took them so long?

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
Best part is they only declared a state of emergency the other day. What took them so long?

yeah man, 14 days is a bit excessive to figure it out. over 1400 cars burned! They need the national guard to go in and set things right.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
oh no! Not the...

unitednations.jpg