• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

exNavyOffRec

Greetings everyone, I have been lurking for awhile and finally decided to seek out some assistance from the group here.

I was selected for Intel at the last board and have completed all of the additional screening steps - medical, clearance, etc. I am currently a drilling reservist and was told in early November that I needed to submit a DD368 Conditional Release as a final step. I have been having serious issues with getting my NOSC to route the chit.

Are there any other current reservists who have gone through the DCO process and have experience with the DD368? Can I transition to the IRR to bypass my NOSC’s ineffectiveness?

I appreciate any help or insight anyone can offer.

R
What you need is a CO letter of recommendation, the DD368 is not signed by the NOSC but by PERS-913, so if you have the CO LOR already in the kit, this should not be a problem.

Rickey

Thank you for the prompt responce. I have both a LOR and a request chit signed by my CO. My NOSC has simply not forwarded the 368 to PERS.

Can I send the form on myself?

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the prompt responce. I have both a LOR and a request chit signed by my CO. My NOSC has simply not forwarded the 368 to PERS.

Can I send the form on myself?
Your OR's processor should be sending those to PERS-913 not the NOSC

Rickey

I have had three recruiters during the process; all three were enlisted and brand new to O recruiting, which may explain some of the disconnect. Between the NOSC’s admin and my current recruiter, they cannot decide if the Unit CO or NOSC CO signs the DD368, and who is responsible for sending it to PERS.

I really appreciate your help on this.

exNavyOffRec

I have had three recruiters during the process; all three were enlisted and brand new to O recruiting, which may explain some of the disconnect. Between the NOSC’s admin and my current recruiter, they cannot decide if the Unit CO or NOSC CO signs the DD368, and who is responsible for sending it to PERS.

I really appreciate your help on this.
If they look at the new forms website and the DD 368 is specifically says for active USN and USNR personnel it is signed by PERS 913, your NOSC never should have seen that form, as your recruiter to talk to the processor.

Gtitan

Gratz Gtitan. GL on the results

Thanks! I got all the questions that I expected (i.e. leadership, why not JAG, etc). Board played it close to the vest, so it is hard to say. Gave heartfelt (and hopefully, "correct") answers. The rest is left to the CinC in the Sky. :)

android1010

Congrats Mbstroz and Navgovie! Getting super close now. I think I mentioned it before, but I got my Final Select one day then the very next my COMDOCS were in. Hopefully, you guys don't have to much longer to wait. Anyway, this weekend is my first drill weekend. I can't wait to get going!

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
That is awesome. My select letter was signed yesterday so maybe I can get lucky and swear in by this Friday the 13th (or am I too superstitious to do that :) )

Walter Gunter

Woot. Just got my select letter. A few more days to go and all will be done. :)
Awesome on the select letter. Rock on!!! I just swore in today, and am waiting for the paperwork process to finalize (well, catch up to me). Should start drilling next month..once 'i am gained in the system'.

android1010

This is awesome. Seems like a bunch of folks from our "group" are starting to swear in. Good luck to all of you...hopefully I will see some of you in May at DCOIC!