• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

PapaK

Excellnet work. JasonB. How would someone like me arrange such an interview? Did your recruiter help at all or was it all your own doing?

I was given his email address... I emailed him asking for an interview... He replied back and had his staff set it up.

Becks

Becks
So who is applying for the March board? I am submitting a letter of reconsideration. I have another IT cert done (and maybe a second cert), I have a LOR coming from the VP of my company, and I have an interview with a RADM next week. Im hoping with these 3 things itll be enough to put me in.
Working on my packet for march. Supposed to head up to Columbia to get my paperwork checked out early next month and then heading to Atlanta to meet with the Intel officers for the interview. Slight pickle that I'm currently in is that the board will occur just over one month before I will finish my MBA. My recruiter points out however that if I get rejected from this board I can reapply in SEPT due to the "substantial change in application" because of the completion of the MBA. We'll see I suppose; bit nervous at this point.

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
I just got word on my billet situation. Looks like I'll be drilling in Charleston, SC until they can figure out a way to get me a billet here in GA. That's a 3 hour drive after work on Friday. Weeee Fun. :) Not many IP slots out there it seems.

Becks

Becks
I just got word on my billet situation. Looks like I'll be drilling in Charleston, SC until they can figure out a way to get me a billet here in GA. That's a 3 hour drive after work on Friday. Weeee Fun. :) Not many IP slots out there it seems.
Congrats, thats actually where I currently live. Shoot me a PM if you need any help with the area.

Gtitan

My interview with the Intel Board has been moved to 10 January in Raleigh. Hoping it goes well. Thanks to all on this board for the wealth of information!

android1010

I am hoping for the April class. May would work if it's full. Still shows open though

Yeah, I wanted the April class as well, but my sister-in-law is getting married during that time. I'm just glad they opened the May class. I don't remember seeing it a few months back.

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Must have been recent. A few weeks ago I wrote out on a stickey all the classes and only show Feb, Apr, and July unless I missed it somehow.

Chorrell

Recording WWII Causalites.
Working on my packet for march. Supposed to head up to Columbia to get my paperwork checked out early next month and then heading to Atlanta to meet with the Intel officers for the interview. Slight pickle that I'm currently in is that the board will occur just over one month before I will finish my MBA. My recruiter points out however that if I get rejected from this board I can reapply in SEPT due to the "substantial change in application" because of the completion of the MBA. We'll see I suppose; bit nervous at this point.

I too am reapplying in March. I was also just told that the age limit has been extended from 42 to 52. Is this correct?

Thanks and Happy New Year to you all!

Chris

exNavyOffRec

I too am reapplying in March. I was also just told that the age limit has been extended from 42 to 52. Is this correct?

Chris
The program authorization is still the same, I doubt the max age will change, that being said on the reserve side they do give age waivers occasionally. Think of it this way though, the board would have to see a person over the age limit as being better qualified then the others that are in the age limit.

das

Contributor

Chris

There is a year-for-year credit for prior service (without waiver) up to age 50, but I don't see why they'd raise the "normal" age limit of 42 for the IDC communities, given the current selection rates. (I also hadn't heard anything to this effect, though all of the IDC Program Authorizations are being rewritten.)

Rickey

Greetings everyone, I have been lurking for awhile and finally decided to seek out some assistance from the group here.

I was selected for Intel at the last board and have completed all of the additional screening steps - medical, clearance, etc. I am currently a drilling reservist and was told in early November that I needed to submit a DD368 Conditional Release as a final step. I have been having serious issues with getting my NOSC to route the chit.

Are there any other current reservists who have gone through the DCO process and have experience with the DD368? Can I transition to the IRR to bypass my NOSC’s ineffectiveness?

I appreciate any help or insight anyone can offer.

R