• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Yes. They are called panel boards and are being conducted in different areas. Ask your recruiter and they should be able to find out about them.

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Sanity check on strength of packagesubmittal. My first time applying:
Applying forIP/IW/Intel
BSand working on MSIT
PriorNavy enlisted 9yrs AW 7861/9502 P3C EWO
CurrentNavy contractor working in IA (C&A, FISMA, STIG, CSICP) with clearance
Certifications:CISSP, Security+, Network+, MCITP-EA server 2008, MCSE/MCSA:Security, MCT,MCTS, MCDST
StrongLOR’s working on Interviews now and seems to be going good.
Strong management experience and well as instructor / curriculumdevelopment of above certifications except CISSP at a University and as part ofDoD8570 requirements for DoD personnel.

Thanks

Looks pretty good to me. How close on MSIT? Any volunteering or helping with community involvement type work?

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
I don't hold as much weight on PhD's as I used to. I just fired a guy that was almost done with his and work with people with Masters and PMP certs who can't spell PHD. When he finishes it in the next few months, he isn't going to be smarter or better. I think its an over bloated credential along with many certifications. Experience and leadership should count for more with this. I'm not dismissing everyone's but some people make it through and don't deserve it because they test well. Doesn't seem right to me.

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
I don't hold as much weight on PhD's as I used to. I just fired a guy that was almost done with his and work with people with Masters and PMP certs who can't spell PHD. When he finishes it in the next few months, he isn't going to be smarter or better. I think its an over bloated credential along with many certifications. Experience and leadership should count for more with this. I'm not dismissing everyone's but some people make it through and don't deserve it because they test well. Doesn't seem right to me.

Once interviewed a guy in his last semester of his BS in IT and he said DHCP "had somthing to do with IP addresses" and DNS "had something to do with the internet". I think this is why we have to do the boards/interviews. Because a lot of people look good on paper. That "whole person concept" in action.

I hope I get asked questions like that... I am very technically inclined.

Thanks Das... just curious as to how many slots may be open.

das

Contributor
No news yet...will probably be closer to the board before there is a better handle on quotas for each community.

That said, remember that things like how many slots, how many applicants, etc., are beyond your control. I was definitely just as guilty as the next person in seeking out such information during the application process, but in the end knowing that information didn't help me get selected — if anything, it diverted attention from other things I should have been focused on. Just concentrate on yourself and the things you can control, and put together the best package possible.

Turned in all my paper work last week, now I am just waiting on the panel interview next month. I am scheduled for August 11th at Andrews. Anyone else going at that time?

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Do you mean our certs and education? If so, I pay out of pocket and used GI Bill. Company also pays for some.