• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

I didnt apply in March, so Im at a year since my last application. I didnt apply in March because I didnt have much change. Now I have a bunch more technical certs, volunteering in my community, and a couple of other things.

das

Contributor
Got some tentative anticipated selection numbers for the 19-22SEP11 IDC board: 45 INTEL, 10 IW, 6 IP, 0 OCEANO

These numbers are NOT yet final, but it appears that this board will select about the same numbers as in the past.

cdb26

I recently had my panel interview as well as the endorsement from the OIC - is this also the same thing as the endorsement from the RIPO or is this entirely different? I've read in several places that this step is required but am not sure how it fits in? Would someone mind explaining? Thanks!

cdb26

Jason,

It really depends...this is my second time going through the process and I can tell you that my first panel interview back in March was a complete 180 to the one I just had. My recruiter provided me with feedback on this most recent one and said I did outstanding, which is a relief...the panel asked me the following:

1. Why the Navy
2. What do you have to offer (I'm a lawyer by profession, so naturally, they asked why not the JAG instead?)
3. Current Events
4. How do you feel about taking orders from someone who is potentially younger than you, considering we'll be o-1s and it's likely that we could be subordinate to younger 0-2/0-3s, possibly even 0-4s.
5. How do you feel about deployment/is your signficant other/family onboard
6. Provide examples of leadership, both in professional/nonprofessional setting

Good luck, hope it goes well for you...what are you applying for? Is this your first time? How is the rest of your package coming? Hopefully we cross paths down the road in DCO or beyond

This is my second board. First one was in Sept last year. I didnt have enough to re-apply in March, and the board last Sept didnt have the panel interview. Just individual interviews.
Im applying for IP/IW. My package is complete minus the interviews and the 2 LOR from my mangers at my company.

What are you applying for?

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
My panel questions were very similar to what cdb26 wrote. A few questions were based on the answers I provided to prior questions or specific to my resume. All the panel members were Intel. I'm also going IP/IW .

cdb26

I'm going for Intel...second time at it. Hopefully it works out this time. Good luck to the both of you.

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
This is a good resource for board related questions:

RIAC/OIC GUIDE TO LOCAL DIRCOM BOARDS
This guide is intended as a tool for RIAs in establishing effective local DIRCOM boards.
Questions and procedures are 'best practices' gleaned from various RIAs and should not be construed as requirements.

http://kellybeamsley.com/military/usnr/form/officer_interview_questions.doc

And this is a good resource for the entire process. some info may be a little dated but it is good reference maretial

http://kellybeamsley.com/intel/1635_intel_app.html

Thanks Mr Innocent. I will definitely read this more in depth tonight. My panel interview is tomorrow at Andrews. Anyone else from DC going to Andrews AFB tomorrow?

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
That is a good read Mr. Innocent. It matches up will with my panel board.

GL JasonB on your panel.

Devil Duck

Would like to reiterate that the quality of applicants is very high. I have been lucky enough to meet several Airwarriors - fine Americans all.

cbd26, I'll be shocked if you don't assess. That said - if the board fails to select, continue to apply until you get picked up.

mbstroz, is Felicia your recruiter? If not, you should seek her out. I've meet several officer recruiters from ATL and she's the most squared away. She was instrumental in my getting selected in 2009. Believe no one from ATL was picked up at the last IDC board. I've spoke to several of her prospective intel applicants for this board. Would recommend having your recruiter line you up with an ATL based DCO IP. Great for spit-balling application ideas.

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
I'm two hours from ATL in Augusta but my recruiter is from Columbia, SC. I would be interested in talking with Felicia since my recruiter is out on maternity leave at the moment. I just signed my final packet with the processor a few days ago. Just trying to make sure all bases are covered.