• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY-25 O4 Promotion Board

Starting a new thread:
-Anyone waiting to pick up so they can get their DH slate (know 2 1310s who selected DH and awaiting slating based on results)?
-Any hopeful JOPA hero's?
-Thoughts on AZ/IZ/BZ selection rates?
-Anyone have experience on 2xFOS and that whole process?

Figure have a thread to communicate unknown rumors while we wait till the end of August for the results.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
2xFOS to what rank, and what is your time in service? That info might help with the discussion.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Are we back to career milestone/community boards before stat boards again? I'm confused. There was about a whole year between my O-4 board (which happened first) and my DH board *and another month after that until my DH slate. Same for O-5 board and subsequent command board.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
LCDR and over 10 years.
You should always go to the instruction/policy/law to get the real answer, but I think if you're at less than 17 years and 5 months service when the O-4 results pop, you'll be separated no more than 7 months later.

I know a guy who made O-4 on his third attempt, but he was prior-enlisted and within the 18-year sanctuary when he 2× FOSed.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Are we back to career milestone/community boards before stat boards again? I'm confused. There was about a whole year between my O-4 board (which happened first) and my DH board *and another month after that until my DH slate. Same for O-5 board and subsequent command board.
Per convening order, FY25 IZ = YG-13, YG-14, and (if selected for O-4) YG-15.

Note that YG-15 selected for O-4 would've selected last year (i.e., BZ).

So IZ DH look is still after first O-4 look. I'm not sure if IZ DH look for 1× O-4 FOS is a new thing or was always there, and I didn't notice 8 years ago.

So IZ DH look is still after first O-4 look. I'm not sure if IZ DH look for 1× O-4 FOS is a new thing or was always there, and I didn't notice 8 years ago.
According to the detailer to help Aviators to get back on timeline if you're 1xFOS for O4 your eligible for the DH board (I was IZ for the DH board while AZ for the Stat Board; Non-Select DH). That way if you select DH IZ (Admin Board is a week after Stat Board adjourns) and you select O4 AZ you don't have to wait a whole year. However, you won't slate for DH until the Stat O4 results are out. I know two people that selected for DH but are waiting for the O4 results to come out in order to slate.

Looks like URL is selecting at 94%.

No. Stat Boards are still before the Admin Board. AZ Stat aviators are eligible for the DH board, so they get their IZ look for DH and if select have to wait until the Stat Board results are out in order to slate.

I was IZ for DH (non-select), now waiting for the FY25 Stat Board results to see if I get to die a hero. Granted haven't done much between this O4 Board from last years where I was a IZ non-select except go to the boat. But got to the boat after LT periodic FITREPS so I didn't have an at sea FITREP for this Stat Board.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

ahhh of course, I'm an idiot, wasn't thinking about the FOS part. Unregard my extraneous commentary :)

Results are out...happy to say I got what I want out of the Navy. Hope everyone else did too.
Anyone know why PERS inflats the stats? They take the totaled selected and divide by the number of individuals In Zone...
Maybe Brett knows....

In the end you serve your time, make sure you get yours too. If you have questions on how to benefit yourself off the Navy PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Results are out...happy to say I got what I want out of the Navy. Hope everyone else did too.
Anyone know why PERS inflats the stats? They take the totaled selected and divide by the number of individuals In Zone...
Maybe Brett knows.....
Probably bc that's a fairly standard metric?

Below and Above Zone promotions are outliers.

SteveHolt!!!

pilot
Maybe Brett knows.....

In the end you serve your time, make sure you get yours too. If you have questions on how to benefit yourself off the Navy PM me.
Well for one because the convening order defines the authorized number of selects based off in zone eligibles.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I've never seen an adequate explanation from the PERS folks, they said words but they never made a lot of sense to me.

Probably bc that's a fairly standard metric?

Below and Above Zone promotions are outliers.

I've literally never seen anyone else in any other capacity add the numbers to come up with percentages the way PERS does promotion percentages.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I've literally never seen anyone else in any other capacity add the numbers to come up with percentages the way PERS does promotion percentages.
Compared to what other entity? Not trying to get sideways with you, but isn't it fairly straightforward? Promotion boards are statutory, so curious how they'd fudge numbers..