• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
http://www.usnca.org/19thsym/19thsymbriefs/sta-21/sta-21_nca07.ppt#367,25,STA-21 Selection Goals
(go back one slide to 23)
Here is the rundown of electronic applications submitted from FY07-FY04
07 2664

06 2905

05 3795

04 2736

If you look at the navadmins from previous selections I'd be willing to bet nowhere near that many hard copy packages made it to the STA-21 desk.

So, off subject, but any ideas which program was 100% acceptance? I thought originally that it had to be nursing corps, but now think it could have been the nuclear program.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I would say that everyone here has a great chance of getting picked up. First off you guys are all smart enough to use a computer, type and active about getting picked up. I am sure a lot of those people who put their packages in don't really care much about it or put it half ass together.

When I had my interviews the chairman asked me how much of a chance he thought that I would get picked up. I told him about a 50% chance due to the numbers. I am sure the chances get better each year since less and less people seem to care about a future as a Naval Officer.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
The only thing that worries me though is that less and less people are interested because less and less people are getting selected each year. I mean in a matter of 5 years it went from 431 to 217 or whatever it was for last years cycle. I think to many people are intimidated by that number.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Just got off the phone with NPC and the "webmaster" went home at 4pm central time. She works from 0730-1530 So it is not coming out today....good luck tomorrow guys and gals.....I am dying here!! I know everyone is too.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I don't agree with you. I think that less and less people are applying because less and less people know about the program. I am sure when Admiral Boorda first started to support the program that many people were very interested in it. That was before we had TA and other things like that to help us out. I wouldn't worry to much about the numbers, tell more people about the program and I bet you more people will get selected ;)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Michael_Boorda

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Believe me I am the poster child for STA-21 on this base. Everytime I talk to someone about career stuff I mention STA-21 to them. I guess that is why if I don't make STA-21 I am going to try and be a recruiter, but lets hope that the later former doesn't happen.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Well I have 0000-0800 duty driver watch tonight so if any of you guys are on I will talk some more speculation then, but until then I have to go pick up my daughter from school. You guys have a good day and hope the results come sooner than later. God Bless.

davebomb25

I would say that everyone here has a great chance of getting picked up. First off you guys are all smart enough to use a computer, type and active about getting picked up. I am sure a lot of those people who put their packages in don't really care much about it or put it half ass together.

When I had my interviews the chairman asked me how much of a chance he thought that I would get picked up. I told him about a 50% chance due to the numbers. I am sure the chances get better each year since less and less people seem to care about a future as a Naval Officer.

Thanks. After seeing the possible number of applications that were submitted, I needed some good words.

AME1Tack

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Hopeful
I don't agree with you. I think that less and less people are applying because less and less people know about the program. I am sure when Admiral Boorda first started to support the program that many people were very interested in it. That was before we had TA and other things like that to help us out. I wouldn't worry to much about the numbers, tell more people about the program and I bet you more people will get selected ;)

I agree 100%, after some guys in my NRD found out I applied they had nothing but questions about STA and 3-4 are truly interested. If I dont get selected I'm gonna help them out as much as possible ( being 1 of 4 on a CO endorsement has gotta be better that 1 of 1:D)

davebomb25

I know we are all over-achievers to some extent on here but I dont believe calling STA-21 or NPC throughout the dayover and over again is such a good idea. I'm sure the people responsible to releasing the results are aware of all the calls and we dont want to piss them off do we?

Cleonard19

Contributor
I know we are all over-achievers to some extent on here but I dont believe calling STA-21 or NPC throughout the dayover and over again is such a good idea. I'm sure the people responsible to releasing the results are aware of all the calls and we dont want to piss them off do we?

As if this isn't a yearly tradition to them at this point anyways?

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
As if this isn't a yearly tradition to them at this point anyways?

The sad part is that they are most likely expecting these phone calls and already have a pre-determined answer to give us all. Pretty much, if you've been in long enough to obtain any sort of military email account, you should expect the idea of "hurry up and wait" mindset. That's all I can do now...