• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

mk21_diver

STA-21 Results

As I'm sure you are all aware the results are released sometime in October via a NAVADMIN. I witnessed someone get selected last year. He found out from the CO one day prior to the official release of the NAVADMIN. So if you do receive a PM from someone who was selected, if you where selected you should find out the same day from your CO. If not either your CO has no regard for enlisted career progression or he/she is extremely busy. Either way everyone will receive results on one of two days.

mk21_diver

STA-21 Review of Application Began a Week Ago

I also spoke with the STA-21 selection board, and review of packages has begun. I found out this information because I had to contact them to withdraw my application due to a medical condition that is disqualifying for a commission until the successful completion of my treatment. It was a blow to the chest. I had been working on my package for two years. I have copies of five selected applications, even a Medical Core one(the program I was applying to) and my package literally blew away all of them. Oh well, just a minor setback. I will one day be a Naval Officer and a Naval Physician.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
I can't believe that it's September 25th and this thread is not blowing up! Kudos to the patience this year.

Did any pilot applicant get a call from the STA-21 selection coordinator asking if they were willing to apply for NFO instead? I did, and I am not sure what to think of it. I said yes figuring it meant I did not get accepted for pilot but would be picked up for NFO if I said yes. Now I am more anxious/confused than ever!

Steelerfan23

I don't know about the rest of you guys and girls but I am on pins and needles. I feel like it has been a year since I sent my package out. I will tell you one thing, about every hour or so I check this blog and the STA-21 website, so far nothing, it still says the contents of my package have not been reviewed. I havent heard anything like usnwarrior513 has, not sure what to think...

JNeal111

AT2 -> OC -> SNFO
Did any pilot applicant get a call from the STA-21 selection coordinator asking if they were willing to apply for NFO instead? I did, and I am not sure what to think of it. I said yes figuring it meant I did not get accepted for pilot but would be picked up for NFO if I said yes. Now I am more anxious/confused than ever!

I recieved the same phone call on wednesday evening from mike paros, so hopefully it's a good thing because I don't think they would call people asking them to change their selection if there was no chance especially if they made the effort to personally call people about it, but then again who knows

xtreme_rob

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
I recieved the same phone call on wednesday evening from mike paros, so hopefully it's a good thing because I don't think they would call people asking them to change their selection if there was no chance especially if they made the effort to personally call people about it, but then again who knows

Wow, I would have no idea what to say if I got that phone call?!? I'm pretty sure it would stress me out even more than I already am...
I will be underway during when the results come out... Probably checking for the results every five seconds and browsing message traffic while I'm up in CIC on watch... won't be back till the end of the month.. :/

OscarMyers

None
i second that motion, thats why i applied for NFO in the first place. Especially after looking at the previous years numbers. You can always reapply for SNA after you first tour.

xtreme_rob

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
i second that motion, thats why i applied for NFO in the first place. Especially after looking at the previous years numbers. You can always reapply for SNA after you first tour.

Is it still a rule that nfo's that retrain for pilot are ineligible for jets?

OscarMyers

None
A. does it matter, your flying lol, B. I never saw that in the instruction. there is actually a program if you go the npc website for NFO pilot applicants. I may be mistaken, but i dont see the navy limiting the platform just because they were an NFO.

I bet you would rather be an O-1E NFO than an E-6 non-select.

That is exactly what I thought when I said yes. I am just a little nervous that it meant it pulled me from selection as pilot. Either way I'm happy, it just gave me a boost of confidence that will make it hurt even more if my name isn't on the list come October...