• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
Does anyone know if once we are selected and have submitted ours paperwork if we can call Ed and find out when we are expected to class up? I realize orders will be out in Dec/Jan however I am deploying then, and it would be helpful to have a heads up, and then just wait on the official orders. anyone have some thoughts on this? Thanks and good luck!

If you are selected, you should not be deploying...

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
is there anywhere that that is written? my squadron likes to take people on cruise no matter when they are transferring or getting out. this last cruise we had a guy who was supposed to report to his next cammand on march 15th, we deployed in february and they made him go with us to france and then fly home on the 1st of march!

Bill3753

Ok, I have been reading and following here for a while now, just never joined till now.

So how many people can rushing to work this morning looking for a message?

If anyone gets a list before the NAVADMIN, PM it to me too.

Have fun all and good luck,

Bill

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
If you are selected, you should not be deploying...

Not true.

is there anywhere that that is written? my squadron likes to take people on cruise no matter when they are transferring or getting out. this last cruise we had a guy who was supposed to report to his next cammand on march 15th, we deployed in february and they made him go with us to france and then fly home on the 1st of march!

I got selected in October, left in November and flew home late January to report to BOOST in February. I had one of those kind of jobs where I was not easily replaced. If the command needs you to deploy, there is no rule stating you can't.

The command HAS to make sure you make it to your next duty though, so don't worry. Newport is much better in the summer anyway...:icon_wink

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know if once we are selected and have submitted ours paperwork if we can call Ed and find out when we are expected to class up? I realize orders will be out in Dec/Jan however I am deploying then, and it would be helpful to have a heads up, and then just wait on the official orders. anyone have some thoughts on this? Thanks and good luck!

When you get selected, you can see if you are going to Feb or May NSI on the website. Official orders will follow.

Nurse2B

Nurse Corp applicant FY10
Bill:

I didn't rush to work persay. But I will admit that I called NPC yesterday regarding NAVADMIN 282/09 that had been skipped. WAY to early to do such things but i couldn't help it.

Nurse2B

Nurse Corp applicant FY10
If anyone does try to do that again you will need try a different tactic than I did and possibly some sweet talking. I was basically told to be patient and keep checking the websight . . .

Last years results (I looked at last years forum) took 2-3 days to post after the NAVADMIN number was skipped.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
Not true.

I got selected in October, left in November and flew home late January to report to BOOST in February. I had one of those kind of jobs where I was not easily replaced. If the command needs you to deploy, there is no rule stating you can't.

The command HAS to make sure you make it to your next duty though, so don't worry. Newport is much better in the summer anyway...:icon_wink

Sorry for the bad guoge, let me go into a bit of detail. I said that the command shouldn't deploy you which was more of a common sense statement. If you have a family to move, a house to sell, school districts to change for children, you should go into detail with these issues within your chain of command. Obviously the needs of the Navy come first but they shouldn't set you up for failure.

I hope you were a young, single sailor that didn't have a home to sell because returning in January for a February transfer is extremely rushed.

The only situation that is written in the instruction is the inability to execute previous orders.

Bill3753

Bill: I didn't rush to work persay. But I will admit that I called NPC yesterday regarding NAVADMIN 282/09 that had been skipped. WAY to early to do such things but i couldn't help it.

I understand. Maybe I did not relay my sarcastic over tones enough, but you are right, it still is way too early. I personally would not expect the message until the 9th at the earliest; just my $0.02.

NAVADMIN 282/09 is a Sexual Assault Prevention and Response message, so it?s a no go there. In my past experience, they normally like to release these types of messages and results on Fridays, so MAYBE tomorrow? I am not really sure why, but that is just what I have seen.

Although this is MY first year applying, I am the CCC and Personnel Officer at my command. I have helped a number of my sailors with these packages prior to submitting mine and OCS/LDO/RHO packages as well. I am far from the expert on the subject, but I am not ignorant to it either.

This year, I applied for the HR Option. I have always been interested in applying for the program, but I did not want to do something I was not interested in just to be an Officer and I do not qualify for Core Option (Color Blindness). I did allot of research on the HR field. In the long run, I found myself in contact with two HR Captains, both of which helped me immensely to better understand what HR Officers do. It is the best option for me to be able to build from my enlisted experience and knowledge.

My only concern right now is I am sure they will only select one or two personnel for the field. The HR community is a small community to begin with. Prior to this year, there were no direct commissioning options available to the HR community and the only way to become an HR Officer was to cross over from a different community. I know it will be a very tight selection group. That being said, I honestly feel I have a great chance for getting selected. My package was stacked with goodies (4 NAM's, 2 ADM LOC's, Good Conduct, Warfare Qual, 3 SOQ, 1 SOY, 2 CDR LOR's both of which I served with at my least command, ect...). I just hope it works out in my favor. If I don't get picked up this year, I will just apply next year. I have another 2 years on Shore Duty, so hopefully I get selected before I transfer.

Is there anyone else out there on this forum applying for the HR Community? I am just curious I guess.

Once again, good luck to all who applied,

Bill

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Sorry for the bad guoge, let me go into a bit of detail. I said that the command shouldn't deploy you which was more of a common sense statement. If you have a family to move, a house to sell, school districts to change for children, you should go into detail with these issues within your chain of command. Obviously the needs of the Navy come first but they shouldn't set you up for failure.

I hope you were a young, single sailor that didn't have a home to sell because returning in January for a February transfer is extremely rushed.

The only situation that is written in the instruction is the inability to execute previous orders.

Nope...married with house/kids/dogs/etc. Now that BOOST is gone it's probably pretty easy for the skipper to call P-Cola and convince them that they need you till the May NSI class starts up. Just sayin'...once you are selected, who cares?

spu

First time poster and new member. With a question. Did everyone get there bonus installment. Now that it is in my bank account they cant take it back can they. I just dont want to get all excited about the bonus and then have to pay it all back if i get selected.

mc6

First time poster and new member. With a question. Did everyone get there bonus installment. Now that it is in my bank account they cant take it back can they. I just dont want to get all excited about the bonus and then have to pay it all back if i get selected.

Your bonus installments stop when you execute your orders to NSI. So if you get picked up, you'll keep this one. Honestly, I wouldn't care if they wanted the money back for me to go...but that's just me :)

mc6

I think we're doing pretty good this year. Last year this time we had the thread up to 35 pages already!!