• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

OscarMyers

None
I called my medical and they said that I need to not eat for 12 hours and get all my bloodwork done, then I get to goo to the physicals desk and schedule an appt.

not sure for for the commissioning physical but for a sna phys you need to schedule an optometrist appointment. It was tough to get one here at pax. Also they dialate your pupils so have fun with that. That might be one of those do ahead of time things.

gjhouston

On a different note, I want to schedule my Medical Screenings. Does anyone know what I neeed to call and ask for in the medical terms? I don't want to call and ask for a STA-21 Check up, probably would not get me very far. I'd appriciate the help.

You just ask to schedule a comissioning physical. And yes you will need to fast for 12 hours prior. Females need to make sure they have a current Pap also.

For Aviation Applicants make sure you check out this link:

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navme...cuments/Waiver Guide - Physical Standards.pdf

Pay particular attention to 1.22 Applicant Checklist. It breaks it down barney style of who needs what. As with everytrhing in this process make sure you educate yourself on the requirements because no one cares about this as much as you do. Take charge of your own destiny!

Feel free to ask me any physical questions, I am an HMC and also an Aviation Medicine Technician (AVT). I used to work at NAMI in the office that reviews all of the flight physicals for the fleet. I was one of the reviewers, plus if I don't know I still have friends over there who will know the answer an I will find out for you.

leadblimp

You just ask to schedule a comissioning physical. And yes you will need to fast for 12 hours prior. Females need to make sure they have a current Pap also.

For Aviation Applicants make sure you check out this link:

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navme...cuments/Waiver Guide - Physical Standards.pdf

Pay particular attention to 1.22 Applicant Checklist. It breaks it down barney style of who needs what. As with everytrhing in this process make sure you educate yourself on the requirements because no one cares about this as much as you do. Take charge of your own destiny!

Feel free to ask me any physical questions, I am an HMC and also an Aviation Medicine Technician (AVT). I used to work at NAMI in the office that reviews all of the flight physicals for the fleet. I was one of the reviewers, plus if I don't know I still have friends over there who will know the answer an I will find out for you.
Chief,
Will army hospitals be able to complete the physicals. Its really no biggie as I am right near bethesda, but dewitt AH is literally 200 yds up the street from my house. I was really just hoping to save myself a long trip up to bethesda.

OscarMyers

None
Chief,
Will army hospitals be able to complete the physicals. Its really no biggie as I am right near bethesda, but dewitt AH is literally 200 yds up the street from my house. I was really just hoping to save myself a long trip up to bethesda.

honestly do you trust the army to do something navy related thats really important to you.

leadblimp

honestly do you trust the army to do something navy related thats really important to you.
I have heard that army medicine is 'better' than navy medicine. I personally have not had any problems with them. Thinking about it bethesda is the main hub for navy medicine so it is bigger and getting everything done may not be that big of a problem.

OscarMyers

None
I have heard that army medicine is 'better' than navy medicine. I personally have not had any problems with them. Thinking about it bethesda is the main hub for navy medicine so it is bigger and getting everything done may not be that big of a problem.

I have no doubt in there medicine practices, im saying more on a paper work issue.

robertdm27

Jghouston: do u know how long after PRK eye sergery NAMI waits to retest your eyes for SNA? I am getting it done in December but don't know what to do after that as far as post screenins go. Also how long after the sergery do I have to wait to submit a waiver? Any advice would be great.

NCIT1

I'm so tired of checking this website. Not that I don't enjoy the conversations, but why does it take so long to get the results out. And of course, it has to be the time when I actually feel like I have a fighting chance of getting selected. It makes me wonder why they are so late, and the sad thing is we will proably never know.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
not sure for for the commissioning physical but for a sna phys you need to schedule an optometrist appointment. It was tough to get one here at pax. Also they dialate your pupils so have fun with that. That might be one of those do ahead of time things.

I scheduled one at PAX right after my Part 2. It only took me a week, wonder what happened with yours.

leadblimp

I'm so tired of checking this website. Not that I don't enjoy the conversations, but why does it take so long to get the results out. And of course, it has to be the time when I actually feel like I have a fighting chance of getting selected. It makes me wonder why they are so late, and the sad thing is we will proably never know.
I heard from a guy that heard from a guy that knows a guy who overheard a vague conversation about good golf courses that results are waiting on some guy to give this other guy a pen so that he can finish his chop on the message so that he can give it to another guy who told his brother that it will be out on the 20th.

zeroentropy

I heard from a guy that heard from a guy that knows a guy who overheard a vague conversation about good golf courses that results are waiting on some guy to give this other guy a pen so that he can finish his chop on the message so that he can give it to another guy who told his brother that it will be out on the 20th.

weird, my 8-ball said the exact same thing!

gjhouston

Chief,

I would go through the Aviation Medicine Department at NAF Washington Branch Medical Clinic (240)857-9760 if you are needing a flight physical. If it is just a comissioning physical, the Army base could probably do it. Me personally, I would get it done at a Navy facility.