• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

JoeNAVY

My CMC just told me yesterday that my package was the best he's ever seen and that he expects me to get picked up. Now my anticipation just increased 10 fold.... ><

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My CMC just told me yesterday that my package was the best he's ever seen and that he expects me to get picked up. Now my anticipation just increased 10 fold.... ><
That looks promising, keep your fingers crossed, & good luck!:)
BzB, prior ET2 (SS)

lifepilot17

FY-14 STA-21 Alternate Selectee

Nice. All the positives we can get at this point in the game are great!

Which options are you applying for?

By the way, congrats (a little late) on picking up AT1!
I submitted my STA-21 application as an Airman, now I'm waiting on the AT2 results; almost too much anticipation lately!

A_Wand

FY12/13 ALT FY14 CANDIDATE
does anyone else have a feeling they are going to release the results this week? maybe, its just me... but i get the sense that there were not very many packages, so the board was done early.. therefore the msg was already prepped to be released....

or, maybe im just wishfully thinking? lol

images

ohnoitslizz

FY-19 LDO Applicant
does anyone else have a feeling they are going to release the results this week? maybe, its just me... but i get the sense that there were not very many packages, so the board was done early.. therefore the msg was already prepped to be released....

images

I sure hope your wishful thinking is right!!!

JoeNAVY

Nice. All the positives we can get at this point in the game are great!

Which options are you applying for?

By the way, congrats (a little late) on picking up AT1!
I submitted my STA-21 application as an Airman, now I'm waiting on the AT2 results; almost too much anticipation lately!

Thanks and good luck for AT2. I'm going for SWO/ED. What program did you apply for?

lifepilot17

FY-14 STA-21 Alternate Selectee
Thanks and good luck for AT2. I'm going for SWO/ED. What program did you apply for?

Nice, there is another AT1 from my command trying to go that route as well. I'm going for Pilot, considering I have my pilot's license and over 100 hours of flight time. Hoping that might help sway the board's decision :cool:

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Hey everyone!!! I been out the loop for a little while now. I just got back from 3 weeks of leave in Dallas. That was the fastest 3 weeks I have ever seen. It's too bad that the next 3 weeks will be the longest! Good luck to everyone and may the best man win!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice, there is another AT1 from my command trying to go that route as well. I'm going for Pilot, considering I have my pilot's license and over 100 hours of flight time. Hoping that might help sway the board's decision :cool:
PPL/flight time could be a deciding factor in the unusual circumstance of a virtual tie, or very close competition between two candidates for one slot. In general, all the other factors considered (GPA, ASTB/OAR, LORs, leadership/work experience/volunteerism etc.), carry much more weight. If you're going aviation, the Navy will teach you to fly their way, and not have to spend extra time breaking 'non-military' GA habit patterns!;)
*Previous flight time will never be a negative factor, but it won't necessarily give one an 'edge'.
BzB

Last edited:

A_Wand

FY12/13 ALT FY14 CANDIDATE
Hey everyone!!! I been out the loop for a little while now. I just got back from 3 weeks of leave in Dallas. That was the fastest 3 weeks I have ever seen. It's too bad that the next 3 weeks will be the longest! Good luck to everyone and may the best man win!

or WOMAN!!!!

*GIRL POWER* lol

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete

images

I am going to guess that there were 600+ applications. I don't think the number of applicants will actually be the determining factor on when the results will be out. I think the biggest factor is that it is a new FY every October and that there is a lot of administrative stuff to deal with (budget, budget, budget, other money issues, etc.). I think that is the major delay for the results. This year I am not as ready for the results to be released as the previous two. I just want to see my name on the list, and if that means waiting until the 31st, that I can do. I know that the disappointment of not seeing my name on the list this year is going to hit me kind of hard, so I am not really in a hurry to get to that part if that is the case.

DANG3R M0US3

I am going to guess that there were 600+ applications. I don't think the number of applicants will actually be the determining factor on when the results will be out. I think the biggest factor is that it is a new FY every October and that there is a lot of administrative stuff to deal with (budget, budget, budget, other money issues, etc.). I think that is the major delay for the results. This year I am not as ready for the results to be released as the previous two. I just want to see my name on the list, and if that means waiting until the 31st, that I can do. I know that the disappointment of not seeing my name on the list this year is going to hit me kind of hard, so I am not really in a hurry to get to that part if that is the case.

Weren't there rumors of the Admiral that signs the message being on leave last year?

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I just want to see my name on the list, and if that means waiting until the 31st, that I can do. I know that the disappointment of not seeing my name on the list this year is going to hit me kind of hard, so I am not really in a hurry to get to that part if that is the case.

Well said Popo! The wait hasn't been nearly as hard this year but it's still pretty nerve wrecking. I just hope all these budge issues don't hurt the program too much. Starting tomorrow I'll be watching the message traffic like a hawk!

James_j7

FY15 STA-21 CORE Applicant
Hello everyone. Been off the radar for a while, but it is now October!! Hopefully we can all clear up some looming questions if need be. Here are mine:
1. I have been doing a lot of volunteering during my tenure at my command. Doing so, I was able to receive the Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal. Under the precept Guidance that came out in 2010, this was not accounted for in the scoring matrix. Does the MOVSM carry any weight during the boards final decision.

2. Does anyone have a copy of the STA-21 Board Precept that is dated after 2010? I am curious to see if any changes were made.

James_j7

FY15 STA-21 CORE Applicant
I just recently came over a document that shows the board convening dates for CY 2013. If you were curious to when the board would convene please see the attached document. As it states, the board ended as of September 28 2013. Many of us were under the assumption that fewer packages meant faster results; however, I believe fewer packages gave the board ample time to review our packages on a more in-depth basis within the prescribed screening days. I do not believe the results will come out any sooner then expected; however, quotas have been made and the selectees have been picked. The day for release by the admiral is still like counting a needle in a hay stack lol.

Attachments

• img-X01114111.pdf
    28 KB · Views: 33