• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

adaltuna

FY-14 SWO/ED applicant
Hello everybody I am new to the forum, I am an FY-14 STA-21 applicant, it sure is nice to see other people out there who are going as crazy over these results as I am.... Sure hope this government shut down does not delay these results being released.....

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I sent Mr. Straten an email asking if he thinks the budget issues will cause any delay in the release of the reuslts and I got this auto reply:

I am currently on manatory furlough. I will be out of the office until further notice due to government shutdown. Please address any STA-21 question to our web site at PNSC_STA21@navy.mil. Thank you.

I hope they get him back into office soon.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I sent Mr. Straten an email asking if he thinks the budget issues will cause any delay in the release of the reuslts and I got this auto reply:

I am currently on manatory furlough. I will be out of the office until further notice due to government shutdown. Please address any STA-21 question to our web site at PNSC_STA21@navy.mil. Thank you.

I hope they get him back into office soon.

That is a bummer.

DANG3R M0US3

My Chief was messing with me this morning and told me that the STA-21 program was going to be suspended for a year due to the lack of funds. He said it with such a straight face, I thought he was serious. He and my LPO laughed so hard...not cool.

The rest of the process is all military, up to and including the release of the message right?

th1rd3

My fellow nuke STA 21 applicants and I here at nnptc are so full of anticipation at this point. I hope the results come out soon!! My CCC said that I am likely to be selected, as I had one of the most competitive packages, especially since I already have more than 3 years of a STA 21 nuclear option required degree from a STA 21 nuclear school - University of South Carolina. Does anyone have any advice as what to do upon selection if I am selected, since I am technically a college senior already. Will I have to use the full 3 years, because I can complete my chemistry degree in 2 semesters with a less than full time course load.

th1rd3

Double majoring is also something I would consider, going back for engineering too. What would be the best career choice for me if I am selected?

James_j7

FY15 STA-21 CORE Applicant
Received this email prior to Mr. Straten being furloughed:

First the STA-21 Board is over. Results will be out mid-OCT approximately...
I cannot discuss any aspects of the board at this time. Due to the gov't shut down our office will be closed until further notice.
v/r
Ed Straten
STA-21 Placement Coordinator

JoeNAVY

Plan on distracting myself by trying to make goal by the 50 gate. Then I'll start checking message traffic lol... any other recruiters out there?

ohnoitslizz

FY-19 LDO Applicant
Received this email prior to Mr. Straten being furloughed:

First the STA-21 Board is over. Results will be out mid-OCT approximately...
I cannot discuss any aspects of the board at this time. Due to the gov't shut down our office will be closed until further notice.
v/r
Ed Straten
STA-21 Placement Coordinator

....And the anticipation increases!!!!! What did you ask, James? I wonder if they'll put us in river city during results... I hope not! I get message traffic to my inbox... my heart flutters everytime I see a CNO message come through...

ohnoitslizz

FY-19 LDO Applicant
My fellow nuke STA 21 applicants and I here at nnptc are so full of anticipation at this point. I hope the results come out soon!! My CCC said that I am likely to be selected, as I had one of the most competitive packages, especially since I already have more than 3 years of a STA 21 nuclear option required degree from a STA 21 nuclear school - University of South Carolina. Does anyone have any advice as what to do upon selection if I am selected, since I am technically a college senior already. Will I have to use the full 3 years, because I can complete my chemistry degree in 2 semesters with a less than full time course load.

You do not have to use all three years, in fact the navy would prefer you did not. However, with the increased age limit to 31 for SWO, if selected this year I might try to pursue a degree I want rather than one that fit within my 2 year deadline. Have you applied to your schools yet? You can start working a degree plan with your advisors in order to submit immediately upon selection.

I finished in 2 years. I could have changed majors to make it last the three years if I had wanted, but the quicker you finish, the quicker you graduate and commission.

Elias Conkling

Double majoring is also something I would consider, going back for engineering too. What would be the best career choice for me if I am selected?
Jon, I messaged you on FB about this. Once you find out the results, go ahead and apply for readmittance to SC, and it should be a pretty quick process. Then get with me and if you're looking at a Mech Engineering degree, I can help you with a DCP. South Carolina is a great choice because it's afforable (they give a military discount) and close to where you're at now. Good luck and I hope to see you here in the spring! I think Engineering is the way to go for Nuke options, and a minor in Nuclear Engineering would be pretty easy for you to get if you majored in Mechanical!